Student Support Teacher
Website Whitefield Academy
Provide academic support to students based on student needs
· Work one-on-one and in small groups of students with identified weaknesses
· Support and collaborate with classroom teachers to reinforce their instruction in order to meet student needs
· Implement and direct study skills support groups
· Proctor standardized testing and administer exams
· Maintain confidentiality of student records and information
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, employees, and other professionals on a regular basis
· Ability to develop rapport with students and families
· Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged and engaged in the learning process
· Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures
· Continuous monitoring and assessing of student progress
· Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Academic Enrichment Center Director
· Bachelor’s degree at minimum
· Classroom teaching experience preferred
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
· Demonstrates computer literacy and proficiency (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, etc.).
In addition, the person should:
· Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
· Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
· Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
· Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
· Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
· Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
· Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in an office, and secondarily in a classroom. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds often, up to 25 pounds intermittently, and up to 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and up to 50 pounds rarely; climbing/balancing and crawling rarely; kneeling and crouching intermittently; reaching regularly; sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and standing often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This is a full-time position with an anticipated 30 hours per week and will begin July 30, 2021. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whitefieldacademy.com.