Strength and Conditioning Coach
Website Whitefield Academy
The strength and conditioning coach will implement a strength and conditioning curriculum and instruct students about physical development, health, and proper nutrition. The teacher will provide opportunities for maximum student development and growth through developmentally appropriate learning experiences. The teacher will design and implement a wide variety of instructional strategies that will accommodate various abilities and in accordance with the school curriculum and mission statement.
· Following curriculum guidelines, organize and construct lesson plans to promote physical activity and develop motor skills, physical development, and proper exercise and eating habits
· Instruct students how to play various sports, how to exercise, and how physical activity benefits the muscles and overall health
· Observe all students and maintain discipline within physical education classes and work out facilities
· Coach at least one Upper School level athletic team; serve as an assistant coach or Middle School level coach in a 2nd sport
· Effectively use best teaching practices to adapt teaching methods, instructional materials, and learning opportunities to meet students’ varying needs and interests
· Instruct using a balance of teaching methods that provide students with opportunities to explore, question, investigate, and think critically
· Assess student progress through observations, assignments, and assessments, and communicate and collaborate with parents, other teachers, counselors, and administrators regarding students’ progress
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
· Observe and collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
· Maintain accurate and complete student records
· Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence
· Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required
· Select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies
· Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions
· Additional duties as assigned by the administration
Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in health/physical education and experience teaching physical education preferred
· Minimum of 3 years teaching experience highly preferred
· Ability to coach athletic teams for a minimum of two seasons
· Knowledge of sports, health, and nutrition
· Ability to develop rapport with students
· Exhibit a passion for learning and teaching
· Ability to work indoors and outdoors
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, presentation software, and online grade book programs). Experience with SmartBoard and Schoology (or another learning management system) technology is a plus
In addition, the person should:
· Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
· Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
· Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
· Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
· Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
· Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
· Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in the Athletic Center/fields, and secondarily in a classroom. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 25 pounds often, and up to 50 pounds intermittently; carrying up to 25 pounds often, and up to 50 pounds intermittently; climbing/balancing and crawling intermittently; pushing/pulling, kneeling, crouching, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, and stooping often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Conditions may exist that create exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This position will begin June 24, 2021. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whitefieldacademy.com.