Website Whitefield Academy
The Whitefield Faculty Fellows Program gives guidance, training, and experience to college graduates considering teaching as a career. Faculty Fellows are not considered interns or student teachers; rather, they are treated as colleagues within their departments as they teach in real-life lower, middle, or upper school classroom settings under the mentorship of mentor teachers. Within the scope of the program, the Faculty Fellow team-teaches with a mentor teacher. Over the course of the year, in a scaffold approach, the Faculty Fellow will assume the main teaching responsibilities under the mentor teacher’s guidance.
· As the academic year progresses, assume classroom teaching responsibilities under the guidance of a mentor teacher. Most fellows are teaching at least one class by the end of the first grading period.
· Work one-on-one with students that need extra help, using different instructional methods
· Commit to and participate actively in monthly teaching seminars for professional development
· Each season, participate as an assistant coach for athletics or help supervise/sponsor a co-curricular and/or extracurricular activity
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
· Observe and collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
· Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required
· Demonstrate stewardship of Whitefield resources and spaces
· Collaborate with colleagues and staff to support the school community, including participation in admission activities
· Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions
· Other responsibilities as assigned by administration
Under the guidance of a mentor teacher the Faculty Fellow may be required to:
· Implement instructional activities that contribute to a positive environment where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
· Develop well-planned lessons through a Biblical worldview including appropriate work within and outside of the classroom
· Effectively use best teaching practices to adapt teaching methods, instructional materials, and learning opportunities to meet students’ varying needs and interests
· Instruct using a balance of teaching methods that provide students with opportunities to explore, question, investigate, and think critically
· Assess student progress through observations, assignments, and assessments, and communicate and collaborate with parents, other teachers, counselors, and administrators regarding students’ progress
· Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures
· Integrate thoughtful use of technology to enhance classroom instruction
· Act as an advisor for 10-15 students
Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Strong aptitude and knowledge of the subject matter to be taught
· Exhibit a passion for learning and teaching
· Ability to develop rapport with students
· Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, presentation software, and online grade book programs). Experience with SmartBoard and Schoology (or another learning management system) technology is a plus
· Desire to lead students outside of the classroom in extracurricular activities such as coaching or the arts is highly desired
In addition, the person should:
· Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
· Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
· Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
· Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
· Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
· Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
· Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in a classroom, and secondarily in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, reaching, crouching, and kneeling intermittently; sitting and stooping regularly; walking, standing, and bending often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This full-time position will begin July 2022. In addition to a salary of $30,000 paid over 12 months, Faculty Fellows are provided an option for coverage under the school’s benefits program. Fellows will be paid a coaching stipend for each season of extracurricular activities. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. For more information on the Faculty Fellows program please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Faculty Fellows Program. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whitefieldacademy.com.