Director of Technology
Website Whitefield Academy
The director of technology provides leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of technology services for Whitefield Academy. The director is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, maintenance, and technical leadership of all technology tools and services for the school. The director of technology must be a strategic thinker who is able and willing to work in the details, and must have strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Lead the technology department from a strategic, operational and instructional standpoint.
Provide help desk support across the school, managing and fixing hardware, software, WIFI, and other technical issues.
Perform an assessment of existing technologies and make recommendations for performance and cost efficiencies.
· Provide data analysis and reports that enable the Leadership Team to make effective decisions on the technology needs and strategy for the school.
Research, evaluate, procure and implement new technologies as needed.
· Provide assistance and guidance for the rollout of various technologies in the classroom.
· Support blended learning by providing resources, strategies, and guidance for teachers and staff.
· Assist teachers and curriculum committees in the identification, evaluation, and use of appropriate technology resources.
· Manage the following positions including work oversight, performance evaluations, coaching and development:
o Director of Instructional Technology
o Multimedia Specialist
o Technology Support Team (may be internal or outsourced)
· Partner with leaders to assess key success metrics for technology both within and external to the classroom.
Manage and monitor the department budget and research other funding opportunities for the purpose of providing additional funding to enhance technology at Whitefield.
Maintain existing departmental policies and develop new ones that best meet the needs of the school.
· Maintain key internal relationships within the Whitefield community in order to ensure the technology department is serving the needs of the school across divisions and departments.
· Remain current on trends in educational technology.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with leaders, faculty, staff, and students.
· Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions.
· Ensure processes follow standards and principles of best practice.
· Other duties as assigned, including support of admissions events and initiatives.
Required Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information services or related field required.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in the field of technology, at least 2 years of which must be in the education sector. Experience in K-12 education preferred.
· Experience leading technology services for an organization.
· Skill and ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure, work with priorities/deadlines subject to changes and frequent interruptions and maintain quality and quantity of work with a high degree of accuracy.
Experience training and motivating others to utilize technology.
Experience with help desk support and software.
· Skill, knowledge and ability to perform data troubleshooting and data manipulation tasks.
· Knowledge of computer hardware, software applications, operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of principles of analysis and design of computer systems and procedures, computerized data processing systems, records storage and handling techniques, networking protocols, and web-based applications.
· Knowledge of software development techniques and methodologies.
· Knowledge of local area networking and computer communications.
· Knowledge and experience in disaster recovery planning and implementation.
· Knowledge of Cloud based computing platforms.
· Ability to effectively document and maintain a working knowledge of all deployed applications.
· Ability to use analytical and problem-solving skills and good judgment in a variety of scenarios.
· Ability to manage and execute on the strategy for technology initiatives.
· Strong management, partnering, and team building skills.
· Strong communications skills both verbal and written to present complex/controversial ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
· Expertise with Microsoft Office applications
· Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy.
In addition, the person should:
· Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ.
· Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
· Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith.
· Commit to exhibiting Whitefield’s core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the school’s diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ.
· Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture.
· Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.
· Be actively involved in a local church.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will primarily take place in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 25 pounds intermittently, and between 26 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 25 pounds intermittently, and between 26 and 50 pounds rarely; pushing/pulling, reaching, climbing/balancing, kneeling, crawling, bending and stooping regularly; sitting, standing, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whitefieldacademy.com.