Social Media and Digital Specialist
Website Whitefield Academy
The digital specialist leads the development and execution of digital content for the school through the website and all social media channels. The person in this position supports External Affairs in building and maintaining a strong, consistent brand for Whitefield Academy through digital and data management.
· Manage the school’s social media accounts across various social platforms.
· Participate in the creation and execution of strategies to build and maintain a positive reputation online.
Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other enterprise-wide projects.
Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects.
Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables.
Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content.
Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
Develop production schedules.
Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
Author posts, seek out and schedule posts from others, and capture other content, such as images and video from internal and external stakeholders.
· Collaboratively participate in the development of content to build stakeholder engagement, and encourage and maintain community engagement with school-owned social media channels.
· Compile reports and perform analysis regarding activity and campaign performance via our social media activity (digital analytics).
· Maintain and update content on the school’s website.
· Oversee and monitor niche ratings.
· Maintain awareness of social media tools/trends and applications to help keep the school on point with our digital communications.
· Identify and communicate unique parent, student, and faculty “stories” that personally convey the Whitefield culture and experience in current and popular social media forms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), website, blog, videos, email newsletters, and the Whitefield magazine.
· Work closely with other Whitefield accounts the Campus Store and the Athletics department to maintain their social media accounts and post accurate, relevant, and timely information.
· Develop and maintain a monthly social media content calendar and ensure content and stories are disseminated and posted often and on schedule.
· Plan and execute the photography schedule for the year by working with the Creative Specialist.
· Plan social media posts, content, and digital ads based on optimization and in sync with optimal media cycles to keep Whitefield top of mind with target audiences.
· Moderate user generated content to ensure appropriateness and student safety.
· Compile and update relevant reports, data, and statistics regarding key success metrics for enrollment management (parent/staff survey data, market research, school rankings, social media analytics, web analytics, etc.) and board presentations.
· Compile and share relevant data on website analytics and major school event attendance.
· Utilize data to execute both print and digital media placements.
· Combine relevant data between Development and Admissions and provide data to teams to ensure connectivity, enhance retention, and support the attraction of new families.
Research external data to inform projections and any ad-hoc topics that are needed, particularly in the area of target markets/constituents and outreach.
· Adhere to the bylaws, policies and procedures, and to all laws that govern the school and its actions.
· Other duties as assigned, including support of admissions events and initiatives.
Required Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or communications.
· Hands-on experience with social media platforms and analytics tools.
· Ability to turn creative ideas into effective social media engagement is essential.
· Project management experience highly preferred.
· Communications and marketing experience required.
· Ability to manage and execute on the strategy for marketing and engagement initiatives.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to work closely and effectively within a team environment.
· Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) and e-mail marketing services (MailChimp) a plus.
· Experience with independent schools preferred.
· Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy.
In addition, the person should:
· Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ.
· Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
· Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith.
· Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture.
· Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.
· Be actively involved in a local church.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will primarily take place in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, kneeling, and crawling rarely; reaching intermittently; bending and stooping regularly; sitting, standing, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This full-time position begins June 1, 2021. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.whitefieldacademy.com.