Job Summary: The HVAC Technician supports the mission of Wheaton Academy, “Nurturing growth in students through relationships, excellence and service, all to the glory of God,” by providing an environment that is safe, clean, attractive, healthful, pleasant, and smoothly functioning. In addition to assisting with various aspects of maintenance of the Wheaton Academy campus, this position performs skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of campus heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; and performs preventive maintenance and routine servicing of HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Inspect, repair HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
2. Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers and air-conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs, service and repair evaporative coolers.
3. Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
4. Operate a variety of hand and power tools, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory
5. Perform electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems
6. Test and examine boiler operations, observing pressure gauges.
7. Lubricate heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
8. Install, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
9. Maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
10. Hire, communicate with, and oversee outside contractors as needed for HVAC repairs, installs and controls.
11. Learn the physical layout, configuration, controls, and operation procedures of all Wheaton Academy physical plant systems as well as learn to use all support equipment, tools etc. for building maintenance.
12. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Head of Maintenance may delegate or assign from time to time.
Qualifications: The Wheaton Academy HVAC Technician must be a spiritually sensitive individual who understands the mission and philosophy of Wheaton Academy, including the model of the Living Curriculum TeachersSM. He/she must be a born-again Christian with spiritual maturity in academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach God’s truth. This individual must maintain active participation in a protestant evangelical church.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of the standard practices of the HVAC and refrigeration trade; theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems; materials, methods, and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC systems, refrigeration, boilers, air compressors and pneumatic controls; and the tools applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org