Upper School Principal
Website Westminster Christian Academy
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking an Upper School Principal. Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 905 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
The Upper School Principal provides oversight to the upper school under the direction of the Head of Academic Development. The Principal serves and supports faculty, families and students, and oversees the effective daily implementation of upper school programs and policies.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the upper school faculty in relation to the daily aspects of the school.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for upper school students, parents, and faculty.
- Represent the upper school at internal and external meetings, programs and events; speaking at such events when required.
- Manage the onboarding of new upper school families.
- Observe and evaluate upper school faculty in conjunction with the Assistant Principal.
- Meet regularly with Counselors, Health Services, and Student Life to discuss any student and/or upper school needs and to keep them informed of both concerns and accomplishments within the upper school.
- Recommend developmentally appropriate curricular adjustments (horizontal alignment).
- Provide support and oversight to academic support systems.
- Work with Department Chairs to ensure Professional Learning Communities are healthy and functional.
- Build and encourage a grade-level team/neighborhood atmosphere among the faculty of each grade level; meet with each grade level faculty on a regular basis to guide, collaborate, and receive feedback.
- Create and distribute a weekly newsletter to the upper school faculty. Supervise the technology integration and technological implementation associated with the grade levels.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Director to recruit, interview, and hire new faculty members.
- Oversee the vision and implementation of the Senior Capstone Project.
- Teach one section in upper school.
- A clear testimony of a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Membership or faithful attendance at an approved Reformed church congregation whose core beliefs are aligned with the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Well organized and detail oriented with excellent multitasking abilities.
- Forward-thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit wcastl.org.