Upper School Assistant Principal
Website Westminster Christian Academy
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking an Upper School Assistant Principal. Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 905 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
The Upper School Assistant Principal provides assistance to the Upper School Principal in the support of upper school faculty, families and students.
- Support the Upper School Principal in providing oversight of the upper school faculty in relation to the daily aspects of the school.
- Observe and evaluate upper school faculty in conjunction with the Upper School Principal.
- Meet regularly with Counselors, Health Services, and Student Life to discuss any student and/or upper school needs and to keep them informed of both concerns and accomplishments within the upper school.
- Provide support and oversight to academic support systems.
- Work with Department Chairs to ensure Professional Learning Communities are healthy and functional.
- Support the Head of Enrollment in the admissions process by reviewing incoming student files.
Collaborate with the Guidance & Counseling Department in order to lead and supervise the implementation and reporting associated with standardized testing.
- Work with Hub Monitor to communicate and manage junior/senior privilege.
- Work with Student Life to support STUCO as an administrative presence.
- Serve as the point person for all Upper School field trip requests.
- Manage and coordinate classroom space requests.
- Manage the time off approval process in Paycor for upper school faculty.
- Teach two or three sections in upper school.
- A clear testimony of a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Membership or faithful attendance at an approved Reformed church congregation whose core beliefs are aligned with the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and community members.
- Well organized and detail oriented with excellent multitasking abilities.
To apply for this job please visit wcastl.org.