High School Principal
Website Wesleyan Christian Academy
To Know and Live the Truth
Position Summary: The High School Principal will uphold the vision and mission of Wesleyan Christian Academy by serving and supporting High School students, parents and staff. The High School Principal will oversee the High School academic and extracurricular programs, ensuring each student has the best opportunity to excel spiritually and educationally.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Contribute to the spiritual growth of faculty and students and work alongside the Spiritual Life Director to develop biblically based, culturally relevant spiritual growth programming.
· Maintain personal spiritual depth rooted in biblical principles and a life centered on Jesus Christ.
· Develop and grow relationships with students, staff, and families, understanding their perspectives, needs, and how to best support and encourage them.
· Instill confidence in qualified staff to perform their responsibilities, develop staff ownership and ensure a balance in the distribution of duties with a focus on professional collaboration.
· Provide a positive, nurturing, and enjoyable learning environment rooted in Christian beliefs for all high school students.
· Recognize and embrace the role of parents in the task of providing Christian education, while supporting them in this noble endeavor.
· Serve as a collaborative member of the senior level leadership team. This includes working as an advocate to current and prospective parents, and affiliation with like-minded school associations.
· Continually build upon a strong knowledge of best practices for K-12 programs, assessing current level of programming, instruction, class offerings, technology and curriculum to ensure students are prepared well for college.
· Provide research, input, and vision into the design and development of our current programs, in order to develop a plan that ensures high levels of student growth and achievement for every student at all learning levels.
· Promote and value a healthy balance across all school programming including academics, fine arts, and athletics.
· As a divisional leader, provide professional development opportunities for the high school faculty each month.
· Facilitate consistent and clear communication of expectations, school culture, and discipline with students, staff, and families and gracefully resolve challenges.
· Work with HR to facilitate the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of all new employees for high school.
· Work closely with parents, faculty, resource and counseling staff to assess the needs and plan of action for all students under his/her care.
· Be visible to the Wesleyan and High Point communities, developing relationships with all stakeholders.
· Communicate a true passion for students, learning, and working in a Christian educational environment.
· Exemplify and model the Christian faith to students.
Core Position and Specific Requirements:
• Possess and model a Growing Relationship with Christ: Demonstrate ability to pursue full devotion to Christ that reflects authenticity. Embody servant leadership in all interactions. Possess a deep understanding of and commitment to biblical integration.
• Commitment for Wesleyan’s mission and vision: Uphold and embody Wesleyan’s culture as set forth in our mission statement. Accept and uphold our Statement of Faith.
• Confidential: Able to maintain confidentiality while working with various items that are sensitive in nature.
• Innovative: Demonstrate a willingness to learn and utilize the latest technologies for effective learning and communication.
• Exceptional Service: Demonstrate a history of professional excellence through diligence, organization and communication skills.
• Communication: High degree of comfort with public speaking. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Decision Making: Strong decision-making abilities. Ability to make deliberate, thoughtful decisions regarding challenging situations.
• Demonstrate excellent computer literacy and technology awareness.
• Minimum of 5 years of educational administration experience.
• Master’s degree required.
• Experience in providing instructional coaching and support.
• A background check along with reference check is required for this position.
• This is a full time, exempt position.
Administration Specific Requirements:
· Eager desire to research and benchmark with recognized Christian and independent schools of distinction.
· Ability to develop genuine partnerships with teachers while modeling a humble servant-leadership style.
· Passion for unity in the Body of Christ, and a desire to partner with a team of seasoned educators and administrators.
· Willingness to be transparent, teachable, accountable, and pursue the highest standards of academic and spiritual excellence.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to use repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
· Ability to stoop, bend, push, kneel, squat, pull, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
· Must exercise mobility to promptly move around campus.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
· Ability to lift/carry children up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time year-round.
· Must be able to travel locally, including field trips and off campus activities, as well as nationally as needed.
· Download the Faculty and Administration Application from our Career Opportunities page at www.wesed.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
· Use the fillable PDF to digitally complete your application.
· Attach a resume and any other requested documents.
· Submit all application materials to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.wesed.org.