High School Math Teacher – Algebra II
Website Wesleyan Christian Academy
To Know and Live the Truth
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited, to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of subject areas taught.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the developmental characteristics of the age group taught.
• Effectively utilize the basic elements of instruction.
• Demonstrate the ability to inspire learning and cultivate relationships with students.
• Prepare appropriate weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, planned activities, Biblical integration, assessments and resources.
• Incorporate classroom technology in order to enhance instruction.
• Implement effective classroom management and discipline procedures to provide for a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
• Regularly review/update department and course curriculum guide/maps to assure the fulfillment of proper instructional priorities and pacing.
• Model effective teacher/parental partnering through timely communication with parents in support of student learning.
• Serve as a critical part of conveying the school’s faith message and carrying out its mission by providing religious instruction, by your teaching, character, and actions, and by your transmitting the Christian faith to young people.
Core Position and Specific Requirements:
• Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ: Demonstrate ability to pursue full devotion to Christ that reflects authenticity. Embody others centered, servant leadership in all interactions.
• Commitment for Wesleyan’s mission and vision: Uphold and embody Wesleyan’s culture as set forth in our mission statement. Accept and uphold our Statement of Faith.
• Collaborative: Demonstrate ability to invest in the spiritual, emotional and social matriculation of students. Engage in collaboration with other faculty and staff in order to strengthen student performance and support.
• Innovative: Demonstrate a willingness to learn and utilize the latest technologies for effective learning and communication.
• Exceptional Service: Demonstrate a history of professional excellence through diligence, organization and communication skills.
Faculty Specific Requirements:
• Regular Work Schedule: 7:30 – 4:00, Monday – Friday
• The successful candidate will have previous teaching experience.
• Graduate degree preferred.
• A background check along with reference check is required for this position.
• This is a full time, exempt position.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to use repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
· Ability to stoop, bend, push, kneel, squat, pull, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
· Must exercise mobility to promptly move around campus.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
· Ability to lift/carry children up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time year-round.
· Must be able to travel locally, including field trips and off campus activities, as well as nationally as needed.
· Download the Administration and Faculty Application from our Career Opportunities page at https://www.wesed.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
· Use the fillable PDF to digitally complete your application.
· Attach a resume and any other requested documents.
· Submit all application materials to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.wesed.org.