Early Education Director
Website Wesleyan Christian Academy
To Know and Live the Truth
Position Summary: The Director of Early Education will lead and serve the Early Education Center at Wesleyan Christian Academy by providing and maintaining quality staff, curriculum, and care for the children from 6 weeks to pre-k in the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited, to:
● Lead and oversee the overall operations of the Early Education Center.
● Lead in researching and benchmarking preschool and childcare models and advise on the future direction of the Early Education Center.
● Manage Staff and Staffing.
○ Recruit, hire, and maintain staff.
○ Plan professional development opportunities.
○ Ensure proper staffing in each classroom per state requirements.
○ Have systems in place for onboarding new staff and securing substitutes.
○ Maintain, update, and schedule staff training as required for items related to employee orientation, policy change rollouts, CPR/First Aid, SIDS, background checks, and other training as needed.
● Review and Develop Age Appropriate Curriculum.
○ Explore and review preschool curriculum.
○ Ensure teachers are well equipped to implement curriculum.
○ Review lesson plans.
● Communicate regularly with parents.
○ Understand the platform to text parents when needed.
○ Send monthly newsletters.
○ Remain present and available for parent concerns.
● Spearhead staff appreciation, in conjunction with the PTO, by brainstorming and organizing intentional ways to make sure all staff receive appreciation.
● Oversee and brainstorm marketing efforts.
○ Work closely with the marketing department to represent the Early Education Center through mailers, brochures, t-shirts, welcome packets, advertisements, and social media.
● Create a social media presence for the Early Education Center.
● Manage multiple financial accounts.
○ Retain financial records and report to accounting.
○ Write purchase orders for necessary items.
● Coordinate the Early Education food program with Dining Services.
● Manage all third-party programs, scheduling, and communication.
● Follow all State licensing regulations.
● Works with the Accounting Department to complete payroll.
○ Retain absentee forms, calendar cards for each staff member, authorize time sheets, calculate incentive pay, and approve employee time off.
● Complete and maintain drill documentation for fire drills, critical incident drills, etc.
● Oversee Admissions and Enrollment for the Early Education Center.
● Maintain a tidy and inviting workplace and office.
● Promote Annual Gift Giving and additional fundraising efforts.
● Maintain and influence a positive work culture personally and among staff.
● Assist with discipline concerns in the classroom.
● Cast a vision for long term programming and new campus planning.
Core Position and Specific Requirements:
● Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ: Demonstrate ability to pursue full devotion to Christ that reflects authenticity. Embody others centered, servant leadership in all interactions. Possess a deep understanding of and commitment to biblical integration.
● Commitment for Wesleyan’s mission and vision: Uphold and embody Wesleyan’s culture as set forth in our mission statement. Accept and uphold our Statement of Faith.
● Decision Making: Strong decision-making abilities. Ability to make deliberate, thoughtful decisions regarding difficult situations.
● Innovative: Demonstrate a willingness to learn and utilize the latest technologies for effective learning and communication.
● Exceptional Service: Demonstrate a history of professional excellence through diligence, organization and communication skills.
● Demonstrate the ability to invest in the spiritual, emotional and social matriculation of students.
● Excellent communicator in oral and written communications. Comfortable with public speaking.
● Master’s degree preferred.
● Demonstrated experience leading in a Preschool/Early Education environment.
● A background check, along with reference check, is required for this position.
● This is a full-time, exempt position.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to use repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
· Ability to stoop, bend, push, kneel, squat, pull, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
· Must exercise mobility to promptly move around campus.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
· Ability to lift/carry children up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time year-round.
· Must be able to travel locally, including field trips and off campus activities, as well as nationally as needed.
● Download the faculty application from our Career Opportunities page at https://www.wesed.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
● Use the fillable PDF to digitally complete your application.
● Attach a resume and any other requested documents.
● Submit all application materials to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org