Director of Athletics
Website Wesleyan Christian Academy
To Know and Live the Truth
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited, to:
· Strong desire to be one of the leading athletic programs in the state in excellence, reputation, and witness for Christ.
· Lead WCA’s HS and MS athletics department and programs in the vision and mission of WCA, providing an excellent athletic experience for students, families and coaches.
· Direct Assistant Director of Athletics in accomplishment of athletics priorities.
· Develop long range planning and vision for the continued growth and enhancements of the athletic department and programs.
· Implement the vision for the new campus, finding new and creative ways to further utilize the space and facilities.
· Interact and encourage parents and potential sponsors to help improve or build new facilities.
· Provide opportunities to aid in the spiritual development of athletes, staff and coaches.
· Responsible for the selection, supervision, and evaluation of all coaches and athletic staff.
· Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and approving all athletic activities, special games, tournaments, and events.
· Responsible for the supervision and operation of all athletic/sport camps sponsored on-site or off-site by any coach at any time during the year.
· Establish, review, enforce and oversee athletic department policies and procedures in conjunction with the administration team.
· Collaborate with the Admissions and Marketing Department to promote athletics and events.
· Promote positive media relations for WCA athletics and act as a representative when needed.
· Address and respond to parent, student, coach and administration communications and concerns on a timely basis and promote positive community relations, resolving conflict in a way that reflects the vision and mission of WCA.
· Responsible for representing the school at all conference and/or state athletic meetings.
· Develop recommendations regarding the athletic budget, purchasing of equipment and ensuring that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
· Ensure that all student and family documents are up to date and completed on time.
· Promote and model exemplary behavior, respect, and communications by coaches, students, and athletes in all athletic related activities.
· Arrange and coordinate athletic recognitions such as awards and signing of college letters of intent.
· Responsible for coordinating the use of facilities and equipment regarding athletic programs.
· Work with Athletic Trainer to ensure compliance with medical documentation and safety in sports.
Core Position and Specific Requirements:
· Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ: Demonstrate ability to pursue full devotion to Christ that reflects authenticity. Embody others centered, servant leadership in all interactions.
· Commitment for Wesleyan’s mission and vision: Uphold and embody Wesleyan’s culture as set forth in our mission statement. Accept and uphold our Statement of Faith.
· Collaborative: Demonstrate ability to invest in the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical matriculation of students. Engage in collaboration with other faculty and staff in order to strengthen student performance and support.
· Proactive: Anticipate future needs and set plans to meet them ahead of time.
· Innovative: Demonstrate a willingness to learn and utilize the latest information on athletics to maintain an excellent program.
· Exceptional Service: Demonstrate humility and a history of professional excellence through commitment to excellence, organization and communication skills.
Administrative Specific Requirements:
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, masters preferred.
· Prior experience in athletic programs.
· A background check along with strong references is required for this position.
· This is a full time, 12-month position.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to use repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
· Ability to stoop, bend, push, kneel, squat, pull, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
· Must exercise mobility to promptly move around campus, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
· Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time year-round.
· Must be able to travel locally, including field trips and off campus activities, as well as nationally as needed.
· Download the Administration and Faculty Application from our Career Opportunities page at www.wesed.org/employment.
· Use the fillable PDF to digitally complete your application.
· Attach a resume, references and any other requested documents.
· Submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com