Spiritual Life Director
Website Village Christian School
College Bound from Kindergarten. Christ Centered for Life.
To lead and assist the administrative team, faculty and staff in transforming the Mission Statement and C.A.R.E. Values from paper into real life application. These applications will be manifested in supportive Christ-like relationships and innovative, research-based programs that help students thrive.
1:5 Circles of Care Initiative
- Direct this research-based initiative to train, equip, and connect mentor relationships from 6-12th grade.
- Develop curriculum and pedagogy for students.
- Continued development and usage of the 1:5 online system for connecting and training mentors.
- Develop a communication and training plan for the “Circle of Care” mentors.
- Co-lead the Ignite Ceremony with Academic Life.
- Work to develop more Ignite-like events by integrating “Circles of Care” into rhythms of school life.
- Work to support the Biblical Studies Department Chair.
- Work with VCS leadership to help parents understand the Bible curriculum and Spiritual Life program. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying and communicating student and parent spiritual growth opportunities.
- Encourage and facilitate student Bible studies and prayer groups.
- Responsible for vision, quality, impact, and coordination of weekly chapels for both MS and HS.
- Empower and train others to lead chapel. This includes adult chapel coordinators,
as well as, student leadership.
- Personally speak and emcee chapel as it fits the overall plan.
Service and Missions Leadership Team
Continue the re-visioning of VCServes, which includes:
- Year-round service opportunities for high school.
- Mission trip opportunities globally and domestically for high school.
- Connecting each middle school grade level with a local mission for serving and learning.
- Lead and participate in mission trips.
- Support the faculty who lead CREW (8th), Servant Leadership (11th), and ASB (all high school).
Student Chaplain development
- Continue to expand this program giving students the opportunity to pray, listen and respond to peers in need.
- Responsible for vision, quality, impact, and coordination for 6-12th grade.
These include overnight and day retreats.
- Recruit and train both adult and student leadership for the retreats.
- Execute all administrative and logistical details.
- Work intimately with the Head of School, Principals, and others in setting the spiritual tone for the entire school.
- Work with the Head of School to create rhythms of worship, devotion and spiritual growth for VCS employees.
- Work alongside the Athletic Director and Fine Arts Director as Spiritual Advisor with the goal of every athletic/fine arts program clearly radiating the essence of the Mission Statement.
- Encourage students and their families to be actively involved in local churches.
- Develop and utilize contacts with local churches to promote the school and to be a resource to churches in the area of spiritual development.
- Connect with other Christian schools to explore and share best practices.
- Use the latest research and best practices to develop a comprehensive spiritual life program/plan/strategy for the students, faculty, and parents of the school.
- Be intentional about serving as a pastoral resource to faculty and students.
- Seek personal mentor and discipleship relationships with VCS students.
- Supervision of other VCS employees as directed by the Head of School.
- Other duties as assigned.
Village Christian School seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
A Seminary Degree or Master’s Degree in a related field is highly desirable, but not required.
Must demonstrate a passion for developing the spiritual lives of young people through the
daily application of God’s grace.
Such alternatives to the above as approved by the Head of School and the Board of Directors.
Full support of Village Christian’s Statement of Faith and Covenant.
This is a full-time, 12-month, salaried position.
The Spiritual Life Director reports directly to the Head of School, however, must have an extremely close working relationship with the three Principals, Athletic Director, Fine Arts Director, and Associate Head of School for Academic Life.
To apply for this job please visit www.villagechristian.org.