Website Village Christian School
College Bound from Kindergarten. Christ Centered for Life.
Elementary School Faculty
Full Time, Part Time, Exempt
Reports to: Elementary Principal
Education/Experience Required/Preferred: A four-year education degree is required. Master’s Degree in Education field and/or teaching credential is preferred.
This position provides classroom instruction to elementary school students. Each teacher at Village Christian School will incorporate into their teaching a worldview that is distinctly Christian and will also demonstrate excellent teaching, learning, thinking, and expression. It is also expected that each teacher will diligently work toward providing a CAREing, Christ-centered education producing students who thrive. Each classroom teacher is accountable to the Principal, and ultimately the Head of School.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs
- Adept at using relevant and cutting-edge technology to develop relevant, real world learning experiences
- Committed to expertise and growth in content and methodology
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments and provide appropriate feedback on work in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Responsible to prepare grade reports, progress reports, and attendance reports in accordance with school policy
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Be accessible to students, providing academic support, active listening, and advocacy, while observing appropriate boundaries
- Participate in school meetings, parent meetings, and evening events as assigned by the administration
- Is willingly involved in the VCS community outside of school hours
- Continue to grow as a professional by attending in-service professional development activities
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Is available to students and parents before and after school
- Executes all duties in a timely manner (holds class on time, meets deadlines, attends meetings on time, etc.)
- Maintains a ‘team player’ attitude and willingly collaborates with colleagues
- Maintains cordial, professional relationships with all students, staff, parents, and community members
- Attends class overnight trips, as assigned by administration
- Abides by the spirit and policies in the VCS Employee Handbook
Village Christian School seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- Providing a “Christ Centered” education that integrates seamlessly with their content area
- Has a dynamic, growing faith and is a spiritual role model for students
- Maintains a commitment to the school’s statement of faith in action and belief
- Skills in selecting and using appropriate technology for productivity and instruction
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree (in educational field) and/or teaching credential preferred.
Full-time teachers are awarded benefits and all employees are expected to fully comply with the above job description. Additional duties may be assigned to this position as required.
Village Christian School offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Village Christian School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to any protected basis under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws for Christian school employers. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the Human Resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.villagechristian.org.