Campus Supervisor/Utility Maintenance-temporary
Website Village Christian School
College Bound from Kindergarten. Christ Centered for Life.
The Campus Supervisor/Utility Maintenance person will spend approximately 25% of their shift monitoring student behavior on campus, resolve minor problems, enforce rules and regulations governing student conduct and provide direction and assistance to visitors and students. Approximately 75% of their shift will be completing Custodial, Grounds, and Maintenance work, as assigned.
- Monitor student behavior in hallways, non-classroom areas and parking lots.
- Enforce established school rules and standards for student conduct.
- Supervise hallways and check passes for students not in class.
- Supervise campus entrances for visitors and student behavior at various times of the day.
- Provide assistance and directions to students and campus visitors; identify unauthorized individuals and take appropriate action.
- Monitor restrooms, nutrition and lunch areas and other school facilities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships and rapport with students.
- Observe student interactions and activities and report concerns to the appropriate administrator.
- Work with students and administrators to maintain a clean and orderly campus.
- Promote and model appropriate behavior among students. Conduct self as Christ’s ambassador to students, staff and parents.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Assist with crowd control and emergency situations.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and basic functions in the routine maintenance or improvement of Campus facilities as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- Vital relationship with Christ
- Effective interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in performing duties
- Communicate effectively and positively with students, parents, faculty and the public
- Work cooperatively with others
- Be able to de-escalate potentially volatile or violent situations
- High School Diploma required. Further education desired.
- Previous successful experience working with youth and experience in the security field are considered assets.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, if necessary.
- Working knowledge of equipment and materials used by the various trades, e.g., pick, shovel, basic hand tools.
- Work in cooperation with Maintenance, Grounds, and Custodial personnel.
- Skill in reading Standard English text in order to follow through on written orders and carry out assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see, climb a ladder a minimum of 6’, and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand, crawl, walk and stoop; push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.; and lift or lower objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in wet or humid weather, and extreme temperatures. Ability to work under adverse situations and conditions, e.g., dirty noisy etc.
- Perform a variety of manual skilled and unskilled duties to support the maintenance, repair, upkeep and alteration of campus property.
- Must hold or obtain a valid First Aid and CPR Certificate within the first three months of employment.
- Must possess a California Class 3 Driver’s License, for operation of Campus vehicles.
This is a temporary, full time, 40 hour a week position. Schedule will be Monday – Friday 2:30pm to 11:00pm.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Facilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.villagechristian.org.