Academic Support Case Manager
Website Village Christian School
College Bound from Kindergarten. Christ Centered for Life.
Part Time, with the possibility of it becoming Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Elementary Principal
Education/Experience Required/Preferred: A four-year education degree is required. Master’s Degree in Education field and/or teaching credential is preferred.
This position provides support to middle and high school students including differentiated instruction and progress monitoring.
· Weekly Individual and/or Small Group Coaching
· Student Monitoring and Goal Setting
· Teacher Collaboration/ Classroom Strategies
· Develop Greater Degrees of Self-Advocacy and Academic Ownership
· Parent Communication
· Teacher/Student/Parent Conferences as needed
· Standardized Testing Accommodations per IEP
· Coordinate services available through LAUSD
· Continue to grow as a professional by attending in-service professional development activities
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
· Providing a “Christ Centered” education that integrates seamlessly with their student support
· Maintains a commitment to the school’s statement of faith in action and belief
· Selecting and using appropriate technology for productivity and instruction
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Master’s Degree (in educational field) and/or teaching credential preferred
This is a part-time 20 hours per week position to start, with the likelihood of becoming full-time as the program grows. This position reports directly to the Elementary School Principal.
Village Christian School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to any protected basis under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws for Christian school employers. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the Human Resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.villagechristian.org.