Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Teacher
Website The Woodlands Christian Academy
Independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school
The Woodlands Christian Academy
The Woodlands Christian Academy (TWCA) is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school serving students in PreK through 12th grade. With over 25 years of strong history and a clear vision for the future, TWCA is leading the way for Christian education in The Woodlands Texas area.
The Woodlands Christian Academy is in need of a Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Teacher to join our team of experienced, motivated and effective teaching professionals. The successful candidate will assume a classroom of 10-15 students. We strive in every way to create an inspiring and enriching atmosphere both for our students and our personnel. Every day, we encourage our Teachers to interact with their students on a personal level and to identify each student’s learning patterns. We put strong emphasis on physical activity, interactive learning and the use of props and other educational tools and technology.
Job Title: Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Teacher
Reports To: Lower School Principal
· Degree in Early Education
· Valid state-issued teaching certificate in Elementary Education
· 3+ years’ experience teaching Pre-K or Kindergarten classes preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to teach creatively
· Fluent and Native Spanish speaker
· Create lesson plans for each class based on your experience and the students’ specific needs
· Introduce interactive activities into the classroom and encourage students to vocalize their concerns and questions
· Communicate with other team members as well as with parents about students’ progress and behavior
· Join the rotation of Teachers who assist with start-of-day and end-of-day student care procedures
· Organize students into small groups for social education
· Encourage creativity in students by organizing art and craft projects on a daily basis
· Create a welcoming and inspiring atmosphere in the classroom
· Oversee lunch and recess
· Listen carefully to parents’ requests and concerns and address them as quickly as possible
Please apply at www.twca.net/about/employment and click on the Employment Application link and indicate the position applying for.
To apply for this job please visit www.twca.net.