Registrar/ Student Records Administrator
Website The Woodlands Christian Academy
The Woodlands Christian Academy (TWCA) is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school serving students in PreK through 12th grade. With a strong 25-year history and a clear vision for the future, TWCA is leading the way for Christian education in the north Houston area.
We are currently seeking a Registrar/ Student Records Administrator
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for configuring the software systems that record grades and attendance and produces report cards and transcripts for all school divisions for each academic year. Tasks: Post grades, process grade changes, calculate GPAs and produce report cards
· Responsible for creating and maintaining current and historical academic records for the student body in an accurate and confidential manner. Tasks: Maintain transcripts, verify applicability of and transcribe transfer credits, maintain alumni transcripts and post/publish transcripts
· Responsible for maintaining and configuring the software systems that manage the divisional teacher and student schedules for all school divisions for each academic year. Tasks: add/remove courses, create master schedule, update course listings
· Responsible for creating teacher and student schedules for the Upper School for each academic year. Tasks: gather and evaluate course requests, create student schedules, process schedule change requests, verify student schedules and final master schedule
· Provide insight into the feasibility of new course proposals and communicate regularly with the HS Principal as it pertains to the master schedule
· Assists the College and Academic Counselor in testing, greeting college representatives, College Board services and counseling students in course selection and graduation requirements
· Annually coordinate student academic progress toward graduation (requirements) and certify final transcripts
· Provide academic reports for all school divisions/departments to support academic awards, testing data needs, failure reporting and credit recovery.
· Configure and maintain databases in support of the college application process, including uploading test score data and survey creation
· Maintain confidentiality of records of each student
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Responsible for integration, training, and development of campus learning management software (Canvas)
· Other duties as assigned by the Principal
· Possess a strong Christian testimony and be an active member of a Bible-believing church.
· Attend faculty devotions and commit to prayer for the school community.
· Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
· Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and personally support the school’s fundraising efforts at a level as able.
· College Degree preferred, not required
· Expertise with FACTS (Renweb), Canvas and/or other academic records software.
· Strong skills in Excel, email and ability to learn new educational software programs
· Strict confidentiality
· Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
· Accuracy required
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong communication skills in coordination of activities with faculty, staff, students and parents
· Patience in working with a variety of people to service a variety of needs
· Strong team orientation
To apply for this job please visit www.twca.net.