Assistant Middle School Principal
Website The Woodlands Christian Academy
The Woodlands Christian Academy (TWCA) is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school serving students in PreK through 12th grade. With over 25 years of strong history and a clear vision for the future, TWCA is leading the way for Christian education in The Woodlands Texas area.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Middle School Principal (Grades 5-8)
Job Title: Assistant Middle School Principal
Reports To: High School/Lower School Principals
Job Description: Oversee the curriculum, discipline and student activities for Middle School
Education: Master’s Degree in Education or related field
Certification: State Teaching Certification or ACSI Certification
Experience: Minimum of three years curriculum and administration experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in all subject curriculum coordination, development and management for the Middle School.
- Lead, inspire and empower the Middle School community to achieve the Governance Board’s Ends – spiritually, academically, physically and socially.
- Enforce Woodlands Christian’s student policies in Middle School.
- Administer the extra-curricular programs, activities and clubs in the Middle School.
- Effectively articulate the mission, philosophy, policies and procedures of Woodlands Christian and its Middle School.
- Serve as a spiritual role-model and mentor to the greater school community.
- Under the direction of the High School and Lower School Principals, develop, review, revise and align the Middle School curriculum for all subjects vertically and horizontally, working closely with the Middle School faculty and other Assistant Principals.
- Assist the High School and Lower School Principals in planning and implementing professional development programs for teachers.
- Supervise the teaching/coaching process to continuously improve the academic process and integrate a biblical world-view in each Middle School classroom.
- Maintain student discipline consistent with school policies; monitor students’ adherence to established school rules and maintain accurate student attendance records.
- Oversee the coordination and establish guidelines for the co-curricular and extracurricular activity programs of the Middle School. Assist in the planning and presentation of school assemblies and programs, maintain a comprehensive calendar of school events and keep the entire school community informed of various division programs and activities.
- Confer with teachers, students, and parents on student management, positive behavior plans and discipline issues.
- Establish and maintain communication with staff, students, and parents and encourage positive parent-teacher student relationships and community and parent involvement.
- Assist in planning for and leading the academic, social, and spiritual transition of students from Lower
- School to Middle School and from Middle School to High School.
- Possess a strong Christian testimony and be an active member of a Bible-believing church.
- Attend faculty devotions and commit to prayer for the school community.
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and personally support the school’s fundraising efforts at a level as able.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.twca.net.