Lower School Spanish Teacher
The Spanish teacher will be a Christian that will inspire students to learn the knowledge, skills and subject matter of assigned area contributing to their development as mature Christians, consistent with The First Academy philosophies, vision and mission statement. This position must be able to teach beginning Spanish classes to grades K – 5. This is a 10-month, full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Your service at The First Academy is a ministry. In your ministry role, it is imperative that you understand the importance of embracing a Christian Worldview and being an ambassador for the Gospel. The Baptist Faith and Message of 2000, The First Baptist Church of Orlando, and the School’s Statement of Faith outlined in Article III of its By-laws are the guidelines of Biblical interpretation and application to social and lifestyle issues at The First Academy. As an employee of The First Academy, you agree to minister and to be a role model to students and others within these guidelines.
· Prepare appropriate weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, planned activities, Biblical integration, assessments and resources, incorporating classroom technology to enhance instruction
· Regularly review/update department and course curriculum guide/maps to assure the fulfillment of proper instructional priorities and pacing
· Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials in a manner that facilitates active learning, effectively utilizing the basic elements of instruction; including but not limited to presentation of content, questioning techniques, responding to learner input and arrangement of learning activities.
· Demonstrate the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to inspire student learning, including the understanding of the knowledge and characteristics of the age group taught
· Effectively manage classroom and discipline procedures to provide a positive classroom environment conducive to learning, including modeling effective teacher/parental partnering through timely communication with parents in support of student learning (e.g., posting of assignments, grades, conferencing)
· Actively participate in extracurricular activities in support of school initiatives
To apply for this job please visit thefirstacademy.org.