High School Spanish Teacher
The Upper School Spanish teacher will be a Christian who will inspire students to learn the knowledge, skills and subject matter of assigned area contributing to their development as mature Christians, consistent with The First Academy philosophies, vision and mission statement.
Must be able to teach Spanish II, III, IV, and AP courses.
Essential Job Functions:
· Your service at The First Academy is a ministry. In your ministry role, it is imperative that you understand the importance of embracing a Christian Worldview and being an ambassador for the Gospel. The Baptist Faith and Message of 2000, The First Baptist Church of Orlando, and the School’s Statement of Faith outlined in Article III of its By-laws are the guidelines of Biblical interpretation and application to social and lifestyle issues at The First Academy. As an employee of The First Academy, you agree to minister and to be a role model to students and others within these guidelines.
· Prepare appropriate weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, planned activities, Biblical integration, assessments and resources, incorporating classroom technology to enhance instruction
· Regularly review/update department and course curriculum guide/maps to assure the fulfillment of proper instructional priorities and pacing
· Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials in a manner that facilitates active learning, effectively utilizing the basic elements of instruction; including but not limited to presentation of content, questioning techniques, responding to learner input and arrangement of learning activities.
· Demonstrate the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to inspire student learning, including the understanding of the knowledge and characteristics of the age group taught
· Effectively manage classroom and discipline procedures to provide a positive classroom environment conducive to learning, including modeling effective teacher/parental partnering through timely communication with parents in support of student learning (e.g., posting of assignments, grades, conferencing)
· Actively participate in extracurricular activities in support of school initiatives
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Evidence a mature personal Christian faith consistent with the First Academy Statement of Faith including being a born again Christian, active Church member, exhibiting a close personal walk with Jesus Christ: modeling an exemplary Biblical lifestyle and evidencing maturity in the understanding and integration of sound Biblical principles in classroom instruction and personal counseling
· Must be fluent in oral and written communication in both English and Spanish
· Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to the distinctive qualities of Christian education
· Feels called by God to the teaching profession
· Present a positive image of the school to others and to the community
· Recognize and assist parents to have primary responsibility before God for their children’s education
· Ability to maintain an appropriate work/life balance
· Demonstrate strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills, incorporating the appropriate level of diplomacy and tact
· Possess solid communication skills, both written and verbal, strong organizational skills, ability to finish tasks in a timely manner and effectively partner and collaborate with others
· Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to school/student matters
· Experienced with using technology in a classroom environment, preferable Apple product
· Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferable in Education, with an emphasis in the area of instruction, or a related area (master’s degree preferred)
· Licensed by a regional accredited agency, preferable ACSI. Candidates eligible for a Florida Teacher’s Certification will be considered providing a temporary certification is obtained within 30 days, and permanent certification received within three (3) years
· Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in subject area with demonstrated expertise and ability, or equivalent proven expertise through related work experience in subject area
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com