Upper Elementary Math Teacher
St. Paul Christian Academy in Nashville seeks an innovative and collaborative upper elementary Math teacher to implement and lead Math instruction for all students in the grade level (Everyday Mathematics Curriculum) and lead a homeroom class. A bachelor’s degree in Education or related discipline is required and 3-5 years of teaching experience in an elementary or middle school is preferred. Additional duties include but may not be limited to:
1. Plan, modify and execute curriculum.
2. Monitor students’ daily progress in order to support individualized instructional goals and adapt as needed to effectively reach multiple learning styles and abilities. 3. Effectively manage a classroom and build relationships with students.
4. Manage daily communication with parents regarding the emotional and academic growth of their children.
5. Collaborate with grade-level team and Upper School Division Head.
6. Lead three parent conferences per year to discuss the progress and growth of each student.
7. Complete monthly curriculum mapping to place all lesson plans online.
8. Attend weekly Faculty meetings.
9. Share leadership of overnight retreat.
About St. Paul Christian Academy
At St. Paul, we walk with parents to establish a permanent foundation for our students so that they might flourish by pursuing academic excellence, a passion for Christ, and an ever-deepening understanding of their call to be leaders who uniquely shape the world in which they live. We form this foundation by creating a place filled with childlike wonder where each child is known, loved, nurtured, and challenged to be his or her best, in no small part due to our experienced and exceptional faculty.
St. Paul students and faculty pursue academic excellence in a loving and challenging environment where children learn to work hard while at the same time maintaining the wonder of childhood. We hold high expectations for our students, and our nurturing environment helps them meet those expectations to reach their highest potential. As a result, our children are well prepared for acceptance into the most competitive college-preparatory schools in Nashville, and each year finds our graduates thriving in every way at schools such as Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, and Montgomery Bell Academy.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and a statement of faith to Kim Jones, Assistant Head of School for Academics, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Kimjones@stpaulchristian.org