Special Education Teacher
Website Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School
“Everyone prepared! Everyone saved!”
To be the standard of excellence for Christian schools.
Family, Academics, Innovation, Truth and High-Achievement provide the framework for our values.
The Role and Function of the Mark 10:14 Teacher
The position of Mark 10:14 teacher will implement individualized instruction for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and facilitate their full inclusion in general ed classrooms and school activities. Work cooperatively with Mark 10:14 co-teacher to manage the day to day and long term success of the Mark 10:14 Program. Create and maintain an educational and Christian atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports the mission of the school.
The Positional Responsibilities
- Conduct assessments of students’ academic levels
- Hold parent meetings to plan individualized goals for student academic deficit areas, social and behavioral skills, and participation in the general education setting and
- Plan and implement instruction to meet individualized goals
- Monitor and keep record of student progress toward goals
- Find or create digital and/or hard copy instructional materials to address deficit areas
- Find, create or modify materials to parallel instruction in the general education
- Provide frequent and open communication with general education teachers to facilitate students’ full inclusion in general education classes
- Facilitate supervision of students in all settings as needed
- Maintain open and frequent communication with parents
- Manage teacher assistants and student mentors
- Select and train student mentors
- Attend scheduled meetings before/after school
Program Management Responsibilities – work cooperatively with co-teacher to:
- maintain a prospective student list, process applications and select new students.
- plan and execute fundraising activities including a major annual fundraiser
- manage annual budget, donated funds and expenditures
- maintain relationships with donors
- communicate the vision/message of inclusion to the school community and beyond
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education from an accredited college or university. Possess a current teaching license or the ability to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education and certified in secondary Special Education.
When representing Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School, the Teacher shall not act in a manner that is unethical, imprudent, illegal or inconsistent with the Christian faith, the articles of incorporation, By-laws, policies or mission of Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School.
Salary and Benefits
The Teacher position is full time. Faith Lutheran provides a competitive salary based on education and years of experience with full benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.faithlutheranlv.org.