Developing the whole person to the glory of God.
The Innovation Specialist oversees the Middle School ICE Lab (Innovate, Collaborate, and Explore). While creating a vibrant and exciting environment for our students to learn, the Innovation Specialist will simultaneously take the lead in exploring emerging technologies, instructional theories, and innovative approaches to empower student learning and creativity. Savannah Christian is committed to Christ-centered, quality education, and academic excellence.
Essential job functions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creates a fun, safe, and engaging environment for students.
- Manages ICE Lab budget and inventory of materials and consumables; organizes project storage space; maintains an organized ICE Lab space.
- Manages ICE Lab calendar and facility use.
- Brainstorms project design ideas and curricular planning with teachers and trains faculty and staff on the safe use of ICE Lab equipment.
- Plans and instructs ICE Lab Integrated Middle School Exploration classes.
- Promote the ICE Lab to students and staff.
Technology Systems Support Responsibilities
- Researches new platforms, devices, software, and methodologies to ensure that the school stays abreast of technological and educational innovations.
- Provides classroom technology support (including but not limited to Smart Boards, projectors, document cameras, and Chromebooks).
- Supports peripherals including printers, copiers, projectors, scanners, and audio-visual equipment.
Demonstrated competencies will include the following:
- Ability to diagnose and solve a wide range of operating systems, hardware, and application problems efficiently and effectively.
- Computer literacy including proficiency with various software and hardware systems, Internet, e-mail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, modeling, and design software.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration skills to work closely with teachers and other experts in the field.
- A role model of high standards of professional behavior and leadership.
- Innovative, growth mindset, self-starter who works efficiently to attain goals.
- Willing to embrace the lifestyle of working in an independent school by being a team-player and working the amount of time that is required to model excellence in job performance.
- Fully supports the School’s mission as a highly engaged, positive member of the school staff.
- Performs other duties and oversees special assignments as necessary or assigned by the Middle School Principal
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or equivalent experience or relevant industry, job, or hobbyist experience desired.
- Experience with computer networks, including software and hardware maintenance.
- Mentoring or teaching experience.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or independent school environment highly preferred.
Interested applicants for this position may apply at https://savcps.com/application/
To apply for this job please visit savcps.com.