RCS Online Teacher – (Remote)
Website Resurrection Christian School
The Teacher is responsible for instructing the students in the appropriate subject areas in coordination with the current curriculum and within the framework of RCS’ and the state content standards.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ONLINE TEACHER EXPECTATIONS:
• Available for 10 to 15 hours per week to answer messages, assist students and/or parents, and monitor student progress.
• Communicate promptly to students and parents (within 24 hours).
• Call each student at least twice during their course—once in the middle and once prior to the end.
• Oversee and give effective feedback on activities/projects/essays that enhance learning and encourage student involvement and responsibility.
• Provide effective instruction in the content area when called upon to do so.
• Help students with technical issues (or direct them to tech support) and sometimes offer students materials and technological resources that may be useful to them.
• Consistently initiate communication with all students and their parents.
• Monitor academic integrity and communicate this with the student when/if it becomes a concern. This includes plagiarism.
• Use fair, adequate and appropriate methods to assess students’ mastery of content.
• Effectively use online resources, which have been reviewed for appropriateness and align with objectives to deliver instruction.
• Grade projects/essays in a timely manner (all grading within 24-48 hours).
• Guide and monitor students’ management of their time and intervene when necessary. Report periods of non-work to administration.
• Initiate contact with parents and/or administration when concerns arise.
• Document important interactions in student record system (Classroom).
• Establish rapport with all students making clear office hours, availability and willingness to support them.
• Demonstrate a cooperative and open mind to suggestions from administration.
• Know his/her students well through messages and/or phone communications.
• Communicate with students emphatically, accurately, and with understanding.
• Communicate with parents (when necessary) emphatically, accurately, and with understanding.
• Respond in a timely manner to administrative emails and phone calls.
• Remain proactive in making suggestions and notations to administration.
• Have the necessary academic credentials in the field in which he/she is teaching.
• Have the necessary technology skills to teach online.
• Show evidence of a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Show enthusiasm for work.
• Willing to pray for/with a student should the need arise.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service including attentive and active listening with all staff, students, parent/guardians and community members.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Education for the licensing state and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
This position is not benefit eligible.
As an Independent Contractor, RCS Online Teachers are expected to provide their own computers, accessories and internet access.
A Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure and endorsements is required. Hold or able to obtain ASCI Certification is a must. Experience in instructing students in an online environment preferred. Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, best practices and strategies, as well as the understanding of diverse student learning styles and needs is required. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Sheets and Google Documents.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and management skills are required.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.