High School Principal
Website Resurrection Christian School
Boldly Christian, Academically Equipped, Globally Prepared
The Principal is responsible for the safety and well-being of students, for assuring excellence in academic and curricular programs, for curriculum development and supervision, for faculty evaluation and professional development, for planning and administering the school budget, and for cultivating positive and mutually beneficial relationships with the school community, students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct school level curriculum and instruction for the purpose of increasing student achievement.
• Supervise, assess and monitor student performance using objective and verifiable information, including standardized, criterion-referenced assessments.
• Evaluate and supervise school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school curriculum.
• Develop and manage budgets based on documented program needs, student enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs.
• Facilitate communication (oral and written) between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
• Represent the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and assisting with issues related to the school environment.
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all policies, procedures and handbooks of RCS.
• Enforce the compliance of all RCS policies and procedures.
• Administer the policies of the Board of Education and rules and regulation of the school district under the direction of the superintendent.
• Provide a school environment that is Christ-centered, safe, professional, academically challenging, and encouraging.
• Maintain professional and effective relationships with the administrative team.
• Oversee the success of extra-curricular activities, school events and activities.
• Assist school staff and teachers with general supervision of school students.
• Manage the counseling and discipline of school students.
• Carry out school policy concerning student attendance policies and procedures.
• Hire and dismiss school faculty and staff.
• Supervise and evaluate school faculty and staff.
• Encourage, develop and support the staff.
• Provide professional development opportunities for the faculty and staff.
• Effectively communicate with students, parents, faculty and staff.
• Participate in admissions interviews.
• Participate in school parent conferences.
• Assist the teachers in maintaining ACSI certification and requisite credentials.
Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
• Provide oversight of school curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Understand and promote the integration of a biblical worldview in all aspects of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Formally/informally monitor academic achievement/progress of students.
• Ensure curriculum documents are current and accurate.
• Lead teachings to plan instruction to needs of students shown through data.
• Ensure that a biblical, Christ-centered perspective is integrated into all aspects of the school.
• Oversee the coordination of the chapel program.
• Establish a spiritual tone for the year via a yearly theme and chapel topics.
• Coordinate and institute positive strategies to develop Christian character in the faculty, staff and students.
• Attend and periodically lead the school district’s devotions.
• Attend all-staff staff devotions.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service including attentive and active listening with all staff, students, parent/guardians and community members.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of mandated reporting of child abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge of current research in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets and other department related software packages.
• Able to recognize child abuse and child neglect signs and symptoms.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work in a team environment and works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
• Health Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Dental Vision HRA
• Voluntary Dental Insurance
• Voluntary Vision Insurance
• Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
A Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or related field. Must be eligible for an ACSI Principal Certificate and the Colorado School Principal License. A minimum of five years classroom teaching experience is required. Working knowledge of classroom management, best practices and strategies, as well as the understanding of diverse student learning styles and needs is required. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Sheets and Google Documents.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and management skills are required.
The Principal position requires intermittent physical activity including standing, walking, bending kneeling stooping, crouching and lifting of up to 40lbs on occasion. Must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must possess normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.