High School Guidance Couselor
Website Resurrection Christian School
Boldly Christian, Academically Equipped, Globally Prepared
The Guidance Counselor is responsible for providing effective leadership to all students in regard to promoting and enhancing their academic, personal, social and career development.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the RCS School Principal with:
• Meet with students prior to and during the registration process, inform the students of classes relative to course selection and assist the administration in the registration and scheduling process.
• Make recommendations to students regarding class selection that take into consideration the student’s abilities, background and interests.
• Meet with students individually or in groups to discuss credits, courses and entrance exams required by colleges and technical schools.
• Provide students with sources for vocational/technical, career, college, military information and work.
• Demonstrate knowledge of college planning process (applications, essays, scholarships). Demonstrate knowledge of Naviance software.
• Direct Senior Capstone class, which includes: college & career planning, arranging guest speakers, job interviews, helping students prepare resume’s, applying for college scholarships and setting up internships.
• Demonstrates knowledge & previous related experience in providing student emotional support, counseling & mental health wellbeing.
• Organize, interpret and administer interest and achievement testing for the students.
• Prepare and process scholarship materials; establish, organize and meet with scholarship committees; make scholarship applications available to students; and guide students through the total process.
• Uphold and regularly promote the RCS Mission and Core Values.
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all policies, procedures and handbooks of RCS.
• Administer the policies of the Board of Education and rules and regulation of the school district under the direction of the principal and superintendent.
• Provide a school environment that is Christ-centered, safe, professional, academically challenging, and encouraging.
• Maintain professional and effective relationships with the administrative team.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service including attentive and active listening with all staff, students, parent/guardians and community members.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of mandated reporting of child abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge about career, post-secondary education options.
• Knowledge about current literature and best practices that relate to improving student achievement, behavior, social and emotional functioning.
• Knowledge of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
• Able to recognize child abuse and child neglect signs and symptoms.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work in a team environment and works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• All other duties designated.
RCS’ Statement of Faith – Please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: Starting at $47,500
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
• Health Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Dental Vision HRA
• Voluntary Dental Insurance
• Voluntary Vision Insurance
• Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
A Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field with a Master’s degree in school counseling or related field. Must have or be eligible for an ACSI Administrative Certificate and the Colorado School Administrative License. A minimum of five years classroom teaching experience is required.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and management skills are required.
The Guidance Counselor position requires intermittent physical activity including standing, walking, bending kneeling stooping, crouching and lifting of up to 40lbs on occasion. Must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must possess normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.