High School English Teacher
Website Resurrection Christian School
The Teacher is responsible for instructing the students in the appropriate subject areas in coordination with the current curriculum and within the framework of RCS’ and the state content standards.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, plan, prepare and implement course content, format, structure and schedule.
• Create and implement individualized programs of instruction for students.
• Create and maintain classroom curriculum, lesson plans and learning activities.
• Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
• Prepare, administer and grade student assignments and assessments in order to evaluate student academic progress.
• Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity.
• Communicate student’s progress and needs with parents/guardians and other school staff as needed.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by state law and RCS’ policy.
• Supervise the behavior and well-being of students and administer discipline when appropriate.
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all policies, procedures and handbooks of RCS.
• Maintain professional and effective relationships with all RCS staff, board members, and families.
• Effectively communicate with students, parents, and staff.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service including attentive and active listening with all staff, students, parent/guardians and community members.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of mandated reporting of child abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
• Able to recognize child abuse and child neglect signs and symptoms.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work in a team environment and works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $33,710 – $74,565 – Depending on education and years of experience.
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
• Health Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Dental Vision HRA
• Voluntary Dental Insurance
• Voluntary Vision Insurance
• Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
To apply for this job please visit www.rcschool.org.