Elementary Assistant Principal
Website Resurrection Christian School
The Assistant Principal is responsible for providing effective educational leadership for all students and staff.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES – Assist the RCS School Principal with:
• Assume the responsibilities of the principal in the principal’s absence.
• Assist the principal in hiring of new teachers, planning and organizing the school budget, and the planning and delivery of training and education for staff.
• Support the teachers to develop, plan, prepare and implement course content, learning activities and classroom material and create a school environment which maximizes instructional opportunities.
• Collaborate with teachers, support staff, and administrators to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes.
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all policies, procedures and handbooks of RCS.
• Administer the policies of the Board of Education and rules and regulation of the school district under the direction of the principal and superintendent.
• Provide a school environment that is Christ-centered, safe, professional, academically challenging, and encouraging.
• Maintain professional and effective relationships with the administrative team.
• Initiate, lead and assist with extra-curricular activities, school events and activities.
• Assist with general supervision of school students.
• Assist the principal with counseling and discipline of school students.
• Carry out school policy concerning student attendance policies and procedures.
• Recommend hiring and dismissal of school faculty and staff.
• Assist with supervision and evaluation of school faculty and staff.
• Assist the principal in encouraging, developing and supporting the staff.
• Assist with professional development opportunities faculty and staff.
• Effectively communicate with students, parents, faculty and staff.
• Participate in admissions interviews.
• Participate in school parent conferences.
• Assist the teachers in maintaining ACSI certification and requisite credentials.
• Assist with school budget line items.
Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
• Provide oversight of school curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Understand and promote the integration of a biblical worldview in all aspects of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
• Formally/informally monitor academic achievement/progress of students.
• Coordinate with the principal to ensure curriculum documents are current and accurate.
• Lead teachings to plan instruction to needs of students shown through data.
• Assist the principal in all efforts to ensure that a biblical, Christ-centered perspective is integrated into all aspects of the school.
• Assist with the chapel program.
• Work with the principal to establish a spiritual tone for the year via a yearly theme and chapel topics.
• Coordinate with the principal to institute positive strategies to develop Christian character in the faculty, staff and students.
• Attend and periodically lead school division devotions.
• Attend all-staff staff devotions.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service including attentive and active listening with all staff, students, parent/guardians and community members.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of mandated reporting of child abuse and neglect.
• Knowledge of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
• Able to recognize child abuse and child neglect signs and symptoms.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Able to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work in a team environment and works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• All other duties designated.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: Starting at $60,000
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
• Health Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Dental Vision HRA
• Voluntary Dental Insurance
• Voluntary Vision Insurance
• Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
A Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or related field. Must have or be eligible to obtain an ACSI Administrative Certificate and the Colorado Principal License. A minimum of five years classroom teaching experience is required. Working knowledge of classroom management, best practices and strategies, as well as the understanding of diverse student learning styles and needs is required. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Sheets and Google Documents.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and management skills are required.
The Assistant Principal position requires intermittent physical activity including standing, walking, bending kneeling stooping, crouching and lifting of up to 40lbs on occasion. Must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must possess normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.