Associate Director of Development
Website Resurrection Christian School
Christ Centered • Academically Excellent • Life Transforming
The Director of Development position is responsible for planning, organizing and administering RCS Annual Fund, Alumni and Foundation programs.
Resurrection Christian School is a private, non-denominational Christian college-preparatory school located in Loveland, Colorado. Founded in 1998 by Rez.Church, Resurrection Christian School serves students from Pre-K through12th grade. RCS is the largest Christian school in Northern Colorado, serving nearly 700 families from 19 communities over a 25-mile radius. School enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year K through 12th is approximately 1,100 students. RCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI); AdvancED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the execution of goals and strategies for all donor fundraising campaigns.
• Manage major and prospective donor listings.
• Create and foster donor relationships.
• Assist the Director of Development in maintaining department expenses within the board-approved budget.
• Build and manage a strong yearly annual fund campaign via newsletters, email, direct mail, or other publications to say thank you, demonstrate financial need and show the organization’s fiscal responsibility.
• Analyze and research the current database to identify trends and areas for growth for both annual fund and major donor revenue opportunities.
• Coordinate and execute events including theme, venue, design, invitations, calls, letters, gifts, promotional pieces, post-event reporting and evaluation, data tracking, follow up and any other items needed to make the event a success.
• Analyze and research high-level financial “matching” support from foundations and corporations.
• Provides oversight and coordination of all activities of the RCS Foundation Board.
• Develop a plan of action for building the school’s alumni program.
• Work with Administrative Assistant to the Director of Development to process and acknowledge all gifts and to establish development office processes for maintaining donor records.
• Advise and uphold fundraising policies of the school including: field outside solicitations; work with leadership team to guide staff according to fundraising policies; assist parent volunteer groups.
• Provide support to the Director of Development on the capital campaign, fundraising strategies, and major gift strategies.
• Skilled at oral and written communication.
• Skilled at basic math.
• Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
• Skilled at customer service and public relations.
• Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
• Knowledge of multi-media marketing and customer relationship management software.
• Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Able to effectively organize and lead complex projects that produce results.
• Able to organize and host admissions events during evenings and weekends.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
• Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Able to work in a team environment as well as collaboratively with others at the school to accomplish goals.
• Perform all other duties designated.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $39,000 – $52,000
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
• Health Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Dental Vision HRA
• Voluntary Dental Insurance
• Voluntary Vision Insurance
• Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or a similar field is required. Three plus years of experience in development/fundraising and event planning is preferred. Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with social media and internet research. Working knowledge of Donor Perfect or other database experience including queries and reporting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, awareness and discretion. Must have strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally. Excellent organization and management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment are required. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail and consistent follow through with assigned projects.
The Associate Director of Development must be able to work in an office environment. Must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able stoop, kneel, bend, reach and pick up or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and possess normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.