Chief Development Officer
Website Resurrection Christian School
Boldly Christian, Academically Equipped, Globally Prepared
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for leading the strategic vision for the growth of resources at Resurrection Christian School. The Chief Development Officer will be responsible for formulating and implementing goals, strategies, and programs to attract financial support for operations, capital projects, and endowment. In addition, he or she will support and collaborate with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees in the development and execution of major campaign initiatives. He or she will also be a key spokesperson on behalf of the School, cultivating and strengthening alumni and parent relations both as part of the development program and as part of reinforcing ties with the community and the School’s various constituencies. Furthermore, he or she will be responsible for managing the development staff including annual giving, alumni relations, capital campaign, the RCS Foundation gala, oversight of the entire donor cycle and prospects, and the department budget. The Chief Development officer is tasked with creating a culture of philanthropy across all campus levels and constituencies to ensure that our mission is achieved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide day-to-day oversight of development activities to assure the smooth and effective functioning of the department.
● Assist in the development and implementation of the School’s strategic plans.
● Develop and implement an integrated, comprehensive fundraising program designed to achieve the School’s financial and fundraising goals.
● Develop actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding those goals through grants, sponsorships, gifts, donations, and fundraising events.
● Discover new and potentially lucrative revenue streams for expansion of the School’s fundraising efforts.
● Ensure that information systems and department processes and procedures are efficient and effective.
● Ensure that all development functions – including annual fund, auction, alumni relations, corporate and foundation support, major donor cultivation and solicitation, records maintenance, stewardship, and gift acknowledgement – perform optimally in support of the School.
● Track revenue and fundraising trends to predict future opportunities for expansion efforts and to avoid any downtrends in individual, corporate, or foundation gifts.
● Maintain close relationships with major donors and private foundations as a means of continuing to build endowment and to fund substantial programs.
● Identify prospects for major gifts and cultivate meaningful relationships to secure significant contributions.
● Plan and execute strategies for framing and managing the School’s public image and relationships with key constituencies.
● Oversee alumni and parent programs designed to foster relationships and to bind the School, alumni, and parents in a sense of common purpose.
● Manage an annual budget for cost-effective financial results.
● Serve as staff support for the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Parents’ Association, the RCS Foundation and the Alumni Association.
● Create copy, design, and storyboard content for written, in person and video donor communications, presentations, and case statements
● Develop and lead a professional and volunteer staff to carry out the activities of this office.
● Represent the school at various gatherings and conferences.
● Support the school and its leadership.
● Skilled at oral and written communication.
● Skilled at basic math.
● Skilled at personal computer and keyboarding.
● Skilled at customer service and public relations.
● Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving.
● Skilled in managing projects and leading teams of staff, volunteers and vendors to bring projects to completion.
● Knowledge of the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Board of Education and ACSI Practices in Christian Schools.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other department related software packages.
● Knowledge of multi-media marketing and customer relationship management software.
● Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
● Able to effectively organize and lead complex projects that produce results.
● Able to organize and host events during evenings and weekends.
● Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
● Able to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
● Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
● Able to work in a team environment as well as collaboratively with others at the school to accomplish goals.
● Perform all other duties designated.
RCS Statement of Faith – please read prior to completing the application.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: TBD
All salaried employees working 30 or more hours per work week are considered full-time and eligible to receive the benefits listed in the Benefits section. Benefits are available the first day of the month following the hire date.
● Health Insurance
● Health Savings Account
● Health Reimbursement Arrangement
● Dental Vision HRA
● Voluntary Dental Insurance
● Voluntary Vision Insurance
● Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
● 403(b) Retirement Plan
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, administration, business management or a similar field is required. Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising and prior experience managing a department including budgets, staff, and strategy. Experience in multi-channel marketing and customer relationship management software is desired. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong computer skills (Microsoft, Excel, Outlook) is required.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and management skills are required. Experience with both annual fundraising, event planning and capital campaign fundraising required.
The Chief Development Officer must be able to work in an office environment. Must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach and pick up or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds and possess normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
To apply for this job please visit rcschool.org.