Director of Fine Arts
Website Regents School of Austin
Classical. Christian. Community.
Regents is a place of challenge, joy, service, and community preparing students to thrive in life. Our beautiful 83 acres in southwest Austin, Texas provide a tremendous setting for a Classical, Christian K-12 experience for over 1000 students combining robust academics with co-curriculars that are central to the whole student experience. Our award winning Fine Arts are a vital component of helping students see what is true, good, and beautiful. Regents incorporates instrumental ensembles, choral arts, dance, drama and visual arts into its Fine Arts Department to give students expressive outlets to develop their full potential in the arts that will last a lifetime.
Link to a video about Regents: https://vimeo.com/370386982
Regents Virtual Tour: https://vimeo.com/405059527
This position exists to lead the performing and visual arts programs, including curriculum, personnel, budget, assessments, events, and educational resources and services in support of the mission and programs at Regents School of Austin.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Instructional Courses and Programs:
- Advance Regents Fine Arts program in a distinctly Classical and Christian vision for arts education and productions in a K-12 school.
- Lead the faculty and community in advancing discipleship and mentoring through arts education and productions.
- Lead individual program leads in maintaining guidelines and standards for the performing and visual arts in grades K-12.
- Lead continual improvement in instructional materials and programs, including budgeting for existing and new instructional programs for supplies, equipment, materials, and staff.
- Keep abreast of developments in all fine arts areas, and lead Regents’ Fine Arts continued cultural adaptation and relevance in our culture and community.
- Lead students and community in developing an understanding and appreciation of the arts.
- Lead fiscal responsibility and management for all performing and visual arts programs and productions.
- Advance students’ engagement in community service learning and enrichment through arts production and activities in the community outside of the school.
- Arrange for student participation in shows, competitions, festivals etc.
- Evaluate the effect of the total program on the spiritual, artistic, intellectual, emotional, social, and civic development of students.
Co-curricular Classes, Camps, and Lessons:
- Manage and maintain fine arts related camps, classes, and lessons outside of the school day that supplements and compliments the curricular programs and serves the families toward the fulfillment of our mission.
- Ensures that students receive quality instruction and a value-added experience for each camp, class, and lesson.
- Partners with business office to facilitate camp and class administrative processes.
- Supervise and Evaluate all fine arts faculty and co-curricular instructors in partnership with Division Heads.
- Assist with recruitment, selection and training of personnel and make sound recommendations relative to personnel placement, assignment, retention, discipline and dismissal.
- Assist in the orientation of new faculty, staff and substitutes in within fine arts.
- Provide leadership to ensure understanding and promotion of the educational mission of the Regents and the Fine Arts Department.
- Arrange and conduct individual meetings with art and music teachers concerning specific matters of instruction.
- Coordinate all formal efforts of the professional staff in supporting the fine arts programs.
- Lead fine arts department meetings and business.
- Plan the schedules of performing and visual arts faculty to provide an equitable distribution of their time.
- Assist Division Heads in the preparation and management of teaching schedules.
- Responsible for art & music selections presented by performance groups / shows for both school and public performances.
- Assist with all arts-in-education opportunities.
- Attend all meetings as directed by the Head of School.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of School.
- Maintain a complete and current inventory of all Regents owned music and art equipment.
- Make presentations to the public, e.g., curriculum and program reviews for staff, and parents.
- Consult with parents / members of the community on any matter of educational or fine arts concern.
- Promote communication and recognition among school and community members for the fine arts programs.
- Develop and maintain activities (shows, displays, performances) that promote fine arts.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- 5+ Years management experience
- Outstanding ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Commitment to staff development
To apply for this job please visit atsod.com.