Director of Accounting
Website Regents School of Austin
Classical. Christian. Community.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director of Accounting is a member of the Business Office Team who oversees the accounting and daily business office functions of the organization. The Director of Accounting will coordinate and supervise the work of two other Business Office Team members and will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other members of the senior leadership team. S/he will ensure that Regents School of Austin and the Regents Endowment Fund operate in compliance with all financial systems and procedures to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
Finance and Accounting
● Coordinate the month-end close process and general ledger maintenance
● Reconcile all cash accounts monthly
● Manage all incidental billings utilizing FACTS Nelnet platform, including co-curricular activities and financial holds
● Review general ledger coding of daily transactions for accuracy and consistency
● Assist CFO in preparing financial reports
● Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, program budgets, and expenditures.
● Coordinate the workflow of two business office staff, assist with any questions or issues
● Prepare rollforward of net assets
● Update depreciation schedules for capital expenditures
● Coordinate the annual financial audit process in conjunction with external auditors
● Provide support to auditors for preparation of the Form 990s
● Assist with preparation of the annual budget
● Develop Support and Growth Plans in partnership with the Accounts Payable Specialist and the Business Office Administrative Assistant; meet throughout the year to assess goal performance
● Assist with accounting related projects, including software implementations and workflow audits
● Continuously look for areas of process improvement or automation
● Perform other related duties, as necessary
The above listing is meant to highlight essential functions and is not meant to be a comprehensive list of duties.
See videos below to learn more about Regents.
Regents Video: https://vimeo.com/370386982
Regents Virtual Tour: https://vimeo.com/405059527
Qualifications & Skills
This position requires 7 to 10 years of accounting and finance experience, ideally including experience in a nonprofit organization.
Other qualifications include:
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Regents School of Austin’s mission and doctrinal statement
• Bachelor’s degree required; BBA and/or CPA preferred
• Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and accounting for investments
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and processes; demonstrated understanding and application of GAAP
• Technology savvy with experience and advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software, Sage Intacct preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite, with advanced knowledge in Excel
• Demonstrated high-level of detail orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to organize and plan
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and prioritize workload to manage multiple tasks with strict deadlines
• Ability to work well with members in a team environment that is customer-centric
• Must be able to work independently and be an innovative thinker
• Keen analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Nonprofit bookkeeping/accounting experience is a plus
Other School Benefits
– We offer 40+ days of PTO annually, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
– We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance.
– We provide company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
– We offer a 401k retirement plan with safe harbor contributions in addition to matching contributions.
– We strive to create and maintain a positive and joy-filled working environment, fully embracing our role as key supporters of the school’s effective mission delivery.
To apply for this job please visit atsod.com.