2nd Grade Teacher
Website Regents School of Austin
Classical. Christian. Community.
Grammar School teachers at Regents are responsible for managing a healthy student environment toward the fulfillment of the mission of the school. This includes but is not limited to:
- Instructing in an educational environment where students can learn to develop their love for Christ’s created order as he/she discovers the truth, goodness, and beauty in all facets of the human experience as it is demonstrated in all areas of human knowledge that are aligned with our Classical, Christian curriculum.
- Understanding the role ‘education’ can fulfill as God’s tool to awaken hearts and minds to His attributes and character.
- Fostering healthy communication and partnership between parents and the school regarding the preparation of their child for middle school life.
About the Grammar School
The Grammar years are times of wonder, excitement, and adventure as the students discover a world that is new to them. They begin with the wonder of letters that becomes the excitement of reading that leads them into adventures of the past, present and future. The halls are often filled with the singing, laughing, cheering, chanting voices of excited children memorizing new information. They tell and re-tell stories of the past: they write the stories of the present and the future, with creativity and flair. When they leave sixth grade their heads and hearts are full of stories of the world.
Successful Grammar candidates will live out a Christian lifestyle and demonstrate a Christian worldview in their daily actions. See our Philosophy and Doctrinal Statement on our website for more information. Qualified candidates will have at least a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred), five years of relevant classroom experience and Christian maturity that demonstrates a desire and capacity to create a healthy classroom environment.
Applicants should also have experience and expertise in the following:
- Understanding pedagogical skills and objectives in a classical, Christian model.
- Interacting with students, parents, faculty, and administrators with strong interpersonal competency.
- Articulating the integration of curricular education with biblical spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Communicating with a high level of self-awareness, compassion, and composure.
To apply for this job please visit atsod.com.