Assistant Principal – Middle/Upper School
Mission: To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace Biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches, and communities for Christ.
Spiritually, the employee shall possess characteristics that reflect:
- Acceptance without reservation of the PCA doctrinal beliefs.
- A strong clear Christian testimony.
- A mature, godly spirit.
- A person of faith and prayer
Personally, the employee’s life shall reflect:
- A lifestyle of biblical integrity.
- A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness.
- The ability to listen and respond to counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Principal is viewed as a co-leader, assisting and supporting the campus principal in the following areas:
- Personnel and Student Management
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the continual improvement of the school.
- Maintain visibility and positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with students, faculty, parents and the Board.
- Approve teacher attendance such as sick leave, personal leave, and professional leave.
- Nurture both students and faculty to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally, and spiritually.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards.
- Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior.
- Make sound disciplinary judgments related to student problems, provide due process to students and communicate with parents when necessary.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and input, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the students in the school.
- Supervise, with the input of the nurse, any health concerns of the students and faculty.
- Enforce the school dress code as well as promote PCA’s unwritten code of conduct.
- Assist in the admissions process through conducting parent interviews and participation in admissions review committees
- Administration and Organization
- Manage and evaluate effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the
- Middle School consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
Assist the principal in communicating the Middle School’s vision with students, staff, and parents.
- Conduct meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school: Divisional and Institute.
- Assist in the oversight of the daily operation, direction, and supervision of the Middle School faculty and students.
- Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and teachers.
- Use effective presentation skills when addressing students, staff, parents and the community.
Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Principal and/or Superintendent.
- Maintain procedures for the safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records while protecting confidentiality of school records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties.
- Assist the principal in maintaining a Middle School staff handbook and in preparing a student-parent handbook
- Attend required committee meetings (as assigned by the Principal) and extra school-sponsored functions.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or Board and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with contract.
- Contribute to school-wide decisions as an active member of the Leadership and Executive Leadership teams.
- Inform parents about school events and policies through the use of newsletters, email, and informational meetings.
- Promote the church-school relationship.
- Involve staff in the identification of goals and activities necessary for professional growth.
- Assist the Principal in maintaining procedures that provide for attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities.
- Communicate with the Principal regularly about the needs, successes and general operations of the school.
- Work with Operations personnel to assume responsibility for security, and the safety of pupils and faculty within the buildings.
- Continually refine procedures to promote security of property and equipment.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Assist in the management of the instructional programs of the Middle School, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning.
- Oversee the development of Curriculum with other members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Work with the campus pastor to guide and instruct the teachers to provide the Biblical and
- Worldview integration inherent in an evangelical educational environment.
- Promote continual improvement in instruction and best practices through PCA Institute and other outside staff training for faculty.
- Budget and Finance
- Assist the principal in establishing and managing the Middle School budget.
- Work cooperatively with the business office regarding accurate records, purchase order processing, and other related fiscal matters.
- Make recommendations regarding personnel, space, material, and equipment needs.
- Master’s Degree with strong academic preparation from an accredited institution
- Five or more years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience
- Knowledge of school administration practices including, but not limited to, scheduling, oversight of curriculum, instruction, budget and more
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective problem solving approaches
- Effective managerial skills and processes
- Ability to be a team and program builder through effectively working with students, faculty, parents, and the public
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the work of others
- Ability to analyze problems and devise and implement satisfactory solutions
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions effectively
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Collaborative leadership style
- Strong communications skills
- Prestonwood Baptist Church member required
Physical and Mental Requirements and Work Environment Conditions:
Talking – expressing ideas by means of the spoken word to convey instructions to students/parents and co-workers accurately, loudly or quickly
Hearing – ability to perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and to receive detailed information through oral communication
Standing and walking for sustained periods of time – moving about on foot for lecturing and monitoring students in the classroom, as well as throughout the building and playgrounds
Stooping, crouching, crawling and kneeling – ability to assist small children with various needs
Climbing, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling and Lifting – ability to pick up small children as need as well as for classroom set up purposes; occasional lifting between 30 – 50 pounds
Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers
Close visual acuity required for viewing a computer monitor, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and reading
Environment is primarily indoors in a classroom environment as well as intermittent outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.