Senior Director of Business Administration
Position: Senior Director of Business Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Salary, Full-time, Exempt
Mission: To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace Biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches and communities for Christ.
Spiritually, the employee shall possess characteristics that reflect:
Acceptance without reservation of the PCA doctrinal beliefs.
A strong clear Christian testimony.
A mature, godly spirit.
A person of faith and prayer
Personally, the employees life shall reflect:
A lifestyle of biblical integrity.
A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility and responsiveness.
The ability to listen and respond to counsel.
General Description: The Senior Director of Business Administration will partner with the Executive staff and the Board of Trustees developing a continuous evaluation of both short-term and long-term financial strategies to ensure achievement of PCAs objectives. The Senior Director of Business Administration must have an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This faith should be evidenced by a strong, clear personal testimony and a lifestyle that reflects spiritual maturity and intimacy with God. This candidate should have a record as a visionary leader who is focused on improvement and has played a key role in growing the business and operation areas of a school. Candidates should also possess the dedication and management abilities to see the vision become a reality. The Director will represent the school in church and public environments and will interact with many various parties, including students, teachers, board members, parents, donors and church leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and strictly follow ethical principles and guidelines;
- Control and evaluate PCAs capital structure;
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compare income projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, standards and strategies for areas of responsibility and provides adequate internal control capabilities and strength to safeguard PCAs assets;
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer regarding financial issues;
- Develop and coordinate administrative direction for all business and operational programs;
- Lead, supervise and manage accounting staff;
- Lead annual budget and strategic planning process;
- Supervise the annual external audit;
- Coordinate with the Church on financial reporting, bank covenant compliance, contracts, insurance for staff and property.
- Coordinate and manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
- Prepare, review, and implement school wide budgets;
- Coordinate, review and approve all financial transaction within the school;
- Works with Executive staff, Cabinet Members, and Board of Trustees to ensure sustainability;
- Function as member of PCAs Cabinet Team. Attend Cabinet team meetings and retreats, and additional meetings as requested;
- Ensure that PCA’s vision and mission are effectively maintained in all aspects of the business operation.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Five years of managerial level experience in accounting or other financial areas.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and goals both inside and outside PCA.
- Ability to plan strategically to arrive at short- and long-term solutions.
- Commitment to PCA’s Vision Statement, Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ability to retain confidential information about PCAs constituents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products a must.
- Masters degree in business administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Prestonwood Baptist Church Member Required.
Physical, Environmental and Mental Requirements
Regularly standing and walking around the classroom lecturing and monitoring students
Regularly sitting at the computer requiring repetitive finger motion and manual dexterity
Close visual acuity required for viewing a computer monitor, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and reading.
Hearing ability to perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Talking expressing ideas by means of the spoken word to convey instructions to students, parents and other workers.
Ability to communicate effectively, even in stressful situations.
Primarily inside, classroom environment
Occasional lifting of 5 to 20 pounds
Subject to frequent interruptions and frequent deadlines
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.