Position: STEM Program Coordinator
Classification: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Mission: To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches and communities for Christ.
Spiritually, the employee shall possess characteristics that reflect:
• Acceptance without reservation of the PCA doctrinal beliefs
• A strong clear Christian testimony
• A mature, godly spirit
• A person of faith and prayer
Personally, the employee’s life shall reflect:
• A lifestyle of biblical integrity
• A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness
• The ability to listen and respond to counsel
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Studies and reviews science, math, technology and engineering objectives school-wide with Curriculum Office, makes suggested changes as needed. Creates a STEM Scope and Sequence, which verifies vertical and interdisciplinary alignment of STEM curriculum
• Suggest ways to enhance the physical learning environment in order to promote STEM exploration
• Works with the technology department in regards to the integration of technology to promote learning
• Creates a measurement tool to be used annually to assess STEM program and adjusts as needed
• Works with Science, Technology and Math vertical teams
• Coordinates US Honors STEM Program
• Teaches STEM research class in coordination with the US STEM Honors Program
• Works with principals in regards to STEM competitions and Science Olympiad
• Reviews STEM course sequences and makes recommendations for any changes
• Works with principals on organizing annual Family STEM Night
• Creates and partners with parent STEM organization (i.e. FOL-Friends of the Library)
• Participates on STEM Garden Committee and helps develop plan
• Organizes, develops, coordinates and provides trainings for administration and professional staff related to STEM best practices.
• Conducts school-wide parent meetings on STEM
• Researches and applies for grants in coordination with development office and makes appropriate proposals to senior staff
• Implements and oversees grants as needed
• Works with the business and development offices on allocation of donated funds
• Partner with communications and development in promoting PCA STEM program to the community at large
• Assists with the STEM budget school-wide
• Creates educational opportunities for students through outreach to community, university and business resources: reviews LS Field trips (scope and sequence for STEM Field trips)
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• State issued Teacher’s Certification in Science, 7th – 12th grades.
• Bachelor’s degree in education preferred and/or equivalent subject hours
• Prestonwood Baptist Church member preferred.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Regularly standing and walking around the classroom lecturing and monitoring students
• Regularly sitting at the computer requiring repetitive finger motion and manual dexterity
• Close visual acuity required for viewing a computer monitor, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and reading
• Hearing – ability to perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
• Talking – expressing ideas by means of the spoken word to convey instructions to students, parents, and other workers
• Ability to communicate effectively, even in stressful situations
• Primarily inside, classroom environment
• Occasional lifting of 5 to 20 pounds
• Subject to frequent interruptions and frequent deadlines
• Additional summer days: two weeks after post planning and the start date the day new teachers arrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.prestonwoodchristian.org.