Dean of Academics
Website Norfolk Christian Schools
Dean of Academics
Reports to the AHOS
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, the Dean of Academics will serve on the Executive
Educational Team. The Dean of Academics provides leadership in the ongoing planning,
development, evaluation, selection, and implementation of curriculum, instructional programs, and
assessment to enhance student achievement and instructional excellence.
The Dean has a growing relationship with Christ, is excellent in his/her field, and is capable of inspiring
students to reach their God-given potential. He/she works closely with the Executive Educational Team
in planning, designing, and providing curricular oversight and professional development to teachers.
1. A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Nicene Creed.
2. A demonstrated heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and
the mission of Norfolk Christian Schools.
3. A Master’s degree or higher in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, or
4. Minimum of 5 years of experience in classroom teaching.
5. Preferred 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in curriculum, instruction, and
6. Familiarity or experience in Christian Education.
7. Must have demonstrated ability and a heart for spiritual leadership and mentoring.
8. Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills.
9. Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
10. An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality in all matters.
11. Ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations; desire and
ability to work in a team-oriented environment in a collaborative, transparent, and
12. Proficiency in Google Suite and familiarity with school data management systems.
13. Experience with virtual best practices including instruction, assessment and
pedagogy. Knowledge of Schoology and Seesaw preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com