High School Social Studies Teacher
Title: HIGH SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES CLASSROOM TEACHER
Reports To: High School Head
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and valid Georgia professional certification in and/ or Master’s or Advance Degree in History. Prior teaching experience is required.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the candidate will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Job Description: The High School History Teacher is given the duty of instructing students in a course of study. The candidate is to show expertise at teaching each level, providing the opportunity for students to obtain proficiency in the subject at each appropriate level.
Collaboration with teachers is expected. Best practices and a commitment to professional development is vital to this role.
Physical Requirements: Lifting and transporting boxes not exceeding 20 pounds; ability to stand for long periods of time while instructing; excellent hearing abilities; ability to transport students from one area of a building/campus to another.
· Ministering to students compassionately and sincerely so they may continue to grow in their faith.
· Accepting the work at Mount Paran Christian School as a personal calling and identify themselves as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
· Teach courses that include both teacher-focused and student-focused scenarios.
· Comply with policies as stated on the Employee Contract and in the Employee Handbook while modeling appropriate Christian behavior in speech and actions.
· Promote student engagement in order to inspire and encourage progress while supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student.
· Prepare and deliver daily lessons to students based on standards and the curriculum summaries. Teachers must follow the policies of the LMS.
· Maintain a healthy learning environment for the students in both the classroom as well as instruction while monitoring and managing students’ behavior, including appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules.
· Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, handouts and online resources.
· Assume responsibility for supervision of students in out-of-class settings, such as field trips.
· Keep abreast of developments in the field by actively participating in professional development.
· Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction. Contribute to the selection of materials and supplies such as textbooks and online resources.
· Follow professional practices consistent with school policies in working with students, students’ records, parents and colleagues, while maintaining a professional demeanor in dealings with parents and students.
· Schedule conferences according to school policies and communicate with parents in a proactive manner. Follow the 24 hours response policy.
· Conduct assigned classes at scheduled times.
Maintain accurate, complete and appropriate records and files.
· Compile, administer, and grade examinations, and maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records. Teachers must meet the policy for timely feedback.
· Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
· Provide adequate information, plans and materials for substitute teachers.
· Collaborate with Department Chair and colleagues as a contributing member to projects, initiatives, curriculum enhancement, mentoring, and experiment and lesson design.
Collaborate with Head, Department Chair, colleagues, and Academic Dean to address any teaching or student issues.
· Prepare and submit required reports related to instruction.
· Perform any necessary administrative duties.
· Act as an advisor to student organizations.
· Participate in campus and community events.
· Any other duties as assigned.
o To apply, please click on the link below:
o Please send any additional information (resume, transcripts, reference letters..etc.) to:
Mount Paran Christian School
Attention: Jodee Foster /Director of Human Resources
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, Georgia 30152
770-578-0182 ext. 2047
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org