Website Mount Paran Christian School
Title: ACADEMIC DEAN
Reports To: Head of School
Exempt Status: Exempt
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education; Master’s Degree preferred; extensive experience in curriculum selection; administrative experience; excellent verbal communication skills; impeccable organization and management skills. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Job Description: The Academic Dean is responsible for the overall curricula utilized in high school instruction. The Academic Dean ensures that all academic requirements and regulations are met in accordance with state and federal guidelines, as well as accreditation guidelines.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift boxes and items not exceeding 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: The Academic Dean is responsible for the following:
· Ministering to students compassionately and sincerely so they may continue to grow in their faith.
· Accepting the work at Mount Paran Christian School as a personal calling and identify themselves as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
· Assisting department chairs in the development and refinement of departmental strategic plans
· Overseeing the selection and evaluation of course offerings consistent with the strategic plan
· Ensuring that course offerings are defined and guided by clearly stated student outcomes
· Providing teachers with course design support
· Leading refinement efforts committed to the improvement of student reasoning
· Creating policies shaping students assessment
· Facilitating the creation of assessment tools carefully linked to desired student outcomes
· Providing team-teaching support when requested
· Leading efforts to promote integration of curriculum
· Assisting disciplines in the evaluation and selection of curricular materials
· Collaborating with the school heads on staff development
· Collaborating with the Guidance Counselor in the provision of academic support to MPCS students
· Working with the Guidance Counselor to help students succeed academically
· Serving as a liaison to parents regarding education policy and curricular programming in the high school
· Participating as a member of the Education Committee of the MPCS Board of Trustees
· Addressing the MPCS Board of Trustees, as requested, related to the curricular program/offerings
· Teaching high school resource courses
· Evaluating student psycho-educational evaluations and disseminating instructional recommendations to high school faculty
· Supporting the implementation of instructional modifications for students with diagnosed learning disabilities
· Managing the provision of testing accommodations used during school-based and standardized assessments for students with diagnosed learning disabilities
· Complying with conditions as stated in employee contract and handbook
· Modeling appropriate Christian behavior in speech and actions
· Any other duties assigned
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org