Middle School Directed Studies Teacher
Website Mount Paran Christian School
Middle School Directed Studies Teacher
Full-time/40 hours a week
Reports To: Head of Middle School
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree AND valid Georgia professional certification in Middle Grades; Experience in teaching Math and Language Arts preferred; Special Education certification and experience preferred. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Job Description: The Directed Studies Teacher is given the duty of instructing students with diagnosed learning challenges and providing the appropriate accommodations and scaffolding needed for all students to adequately access curriculum and attain academic growth.
Physical Requirements: Lifting and transporting boxes not exceeding 20 pounds; ability to stand for long periods of time while instructing; excellent hearing abilities; physical ability to transport students from one area of a building/campus to another
Responsibilities: The Directed Studies Teacher is responsible for the following:
- Ministering to students compassionately and sincerely so they may continue to grow in their faith.
- Accepting the work at Mount Paran Christian School as a personal calling and identify themselves as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Teaching subjects at an appropriate instructional level
- Providing content development that is both teacher-focused and student focused
- Promoting student engagement in order to assess and encourage progress
- Supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student
- Positive management of the learning environment
- Maintaining a healthy learning environment for the students in both the classroom as well as instruction
- Excellent classroom management and instructional strategies
- Following professional practices consistent with school policies in working with students, students’ records, parents and colleagues
- Maintaining a professional demeanor in dealings with parents and students
- Scheduling conferences according to school policies
- Conducting assigned classes at scheduled times
- Providing adequate information, plans and materials for substitute teachers
- Collaborating with colleagues to best support student growth
- Consistently communicating with parents about student performance
- Maintaining accurate, complete and appropriate records and files
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to school policy
- Working closely with School Counselor to evaluate needs of students and modify plans as needed
- Demonstrating accurate, up-to-date knowledge of content
- Implementing designated curriculum
- Maintaining lesson plans as required by school policy
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework for students
- Assuming responsibility for supervision of students in out-of-class settings, such as field trips or recess
- Showing support and high esteem for MPCS
- Complying with conditions as stated in employee contract and handbook
- Modeling appropriate Christian behavior in speech and actions
- Any other duties as assigned
- To apply for this position, please complete the Mount Paran Christian School employment application: Mount Paran Christian School Application – Faculty
- In addition, please visit our website at www.mtparanschool.com .
- If you have questions about this position, please contact Jodee Foster, Director of Human Resources at JFoster@mtparanschool.com
To apply for this job please visit mpcs.wufoo.com.