High School Physics Teacher
Website Greater Atlanta Christian School
Where we live out our passion to Be Greater!
Greater Atlanta Christian School (GACS) is a leading independent school in northeast Georgia in Norcross. We are a faith-infused, academically rich community, ranked at the top of the state for teaching quality, arts, and athletics. We are Christians, change-makers, dreamers, aspirers, and hard workers. Together, we are raising a generation of bright, inspired, generous leaders. We share in a community where high academic rigor is matched by active faith and a deep commitment to care for one another in a collegiate-style campus. We live out our passions, our curiosity, our faith, and our pursuit to Be Greater.
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging individual that will be responsible for teaching the Physics curriculum in secondary school grade levels in face-to-face, online, and blended learning environments, including helping students excel at core pre-AP, Dual Credit, and AP 1/C courses. The individual will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining regular office hours and before/after school help sessions in order to advise and assist students in a variety of areas including potential careers in their related field of study.
- Assessing students and analyzing results; refining and differentiating classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Actively participating in the PK12 Science Professional Learning Community.
- Communicating regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
- Managing student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participating in job-embedded professional development courses designed for the continual growth of the teaching and learning process at GAC.
- Identifying unique student needs and collaborating with team members to effectively address those needs.
- Supporting the mission, vision, and core values of Greater Atlanta Christian School.
- Serving as a sponsor of student organizations and participating in campus and community events.
- Performing other related work as needed.
Our school strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job that is engaged and passionate in promoting our faith-based mission for our students, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. Feel free to contact us with any questions about your application.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Physics/Science education is required; a master’s degree in Science Education is preferred;
- Current Georgia Renewable Teaching Certificate in Secondary Science Education is required;
- Knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles.
- Teaching experience of 3+ years with AP experience in Physics 1/C is preferred;
- Experience with reading AP Exams either as Reader or Table Leader for College Board is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Ability to lead classroom and other activities with a heart of Christ and be an example of Christ to our students;
- Applicant must be able to create a curriculum that meets state/national/College Board and GACS requirements;
- Applicant must be able to work with other Science educators to facilitate horizontal and vertical alignment of the curriculum;
- Must be committed to the growth and promotion of the sciences at GACS and in the community;
- Be able to manage a science budget with integrity and honor;
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices;
- Ability to embrace innovation as a tool to teach, engage, and motivate students;
- Share GAC’s commitment to differentiated learning and exhibit comprehension of 21st Century learning skills, concepts, and tools.
- Interest to contribute to school community outside of the classroom as an athletic coach, student advisor, student club leader, or otherwise, is preferred;
- Successful background check and drug/alcohol clearance;
- Acknowledgment and agreement of the School’s Community Covenant and Statement of Faith.*
Competitive salaries, free lunch, onsite fitness center, healthcare benefits, retirement plan, professional development, and a Christian community of innovative, engaged individuals.
To apply for this job please visit greateratlantachristian.hiringplatform.com.