Lower School Division Head
Website Fort Worth Christian School
Known. Loved. Valued.
Fort Worth Christian School is currently accepting applications for Lower School Division Head (Principal to students in grades K3-5th) to partner with the Lower School faculty to lead and teach our Lower School students. The candidate should have a passion for Christian education and a vision to equip our young learners for a life of faith, service, and leadership for Christ.
The Lower School Division Head is responsible for the operation of the Lower School and to formulate policy, direction, and plans with other members of the campus administration. The Lower School Division Head, as the administrative and instructional leader, will provide leadership in the operation and growth of FWC Lower School and will establish and maintain a caring, productive, Christian environment for students and faculty. Responsibilities include development and execution of administrative policies in collaboration with the school leadership team according to the standards set forth by the Board of Trustees of FWC, plan and provide for qualified personnel, curriculum development, student assessment, and student spiritual development.
● Salaried, at-will 12 month position
Reports to: FWC Head of School
Division Head Qualifications:
● M.A. or M.S. in Educational Leadership required or in pursuit of receiving.
● Administrative licensure required or in pursuit of obtaining. .
● In agreement with the Fort Worth Christian School FWC Statement of Faith.
● Active member/regular attendee of Bible-believing church and committed to growth in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Committed to the mission of FWC
● A teacher and learner at heart who loves students of all ages and exudes enthusiasm for shepherding the growth of children.
● Proven ability to work in a leadership role with diverse groups, including faculty, staff, students, administrators, and parents.
● Characterized with integrity and maintains confidentiality.
● Demonstrates consistent spiritual leadership.
● Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication.
● Promotes a positive environment that encourages commitment, collaboration, and performance.
● Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships of mutual support with the constituent communities of the school.
Responsibilities: Mission and Vision
● Partners with the Head of School and FWC Leadership Team to lead, equip, and empower the faculty and staff to deliver the mission in all curricular and extracurricular activities.
Supporting Student Success
● Collaborates with the Head of School to promote ongoing student programming that engages students and builds community.
● Oversees day-to-day student concerns in the Lower School, working closely with administration, faculty, and staff on student management, positive behavior plans, and discipline issues.
● Approaches discipline through the lens of restorative practices and executes a behavior management system that is grounded in a journey of helping students better understand their identity in Christ.
● Communicates with parents effectively and proactively regarding student behavior concerns and gracefully resolves challenges.
● Provides oversight of instructional programs including observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with the FWC “Vision Forward” Strategic Plan.
● Collaborates with the FWC Lower School Faculty in designing or leading meaningful professional development activities designed to improve and/or enhance instructional strategies.
● Collaborates with outside educational services regarding student support needs.
● Uses student assessment data to gather information about student learning and prioritize department goals.
● Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
● Encourages faculty, staff, and students in their faith and provides opportunities for spiritual growth.
● Partners with the Lower School team to ensure accommodations are being carried out with fidelity.
● Supervises staff and supports them in professional growth through ongoing conversations, authentic feedback, evaluation, and professional development opportunities.
● Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings.
● Ensures school policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
● Participates with Lower School faculty in the interview process for new employees.
● Generates a strong sense of community through active involvement in the daily life of the Lower School as well as school-wide events.
● Assist the Admissions Director in the process of student admissions and enrollment including meeting with new families seeking admission to the school,
Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.fwc.org.