Upper School Math Teacher
Fort Bend Christian Academy is accepting applications for an Upper School Math Teacher for an available opening. Experience, extensive knowledge in the subject area, and a passion to teach and disciple young adults in secondary education is required.
The Upper School Math Teacher will:
- Be a mature Christian who supports the school’s “Statement of Faith” and whose lifestyle is consistent with the school’s “Declaration of Values” and “Characteristics of Professional Excellence.”
- Participate regularly in worship at a Christian church.
- Be able to articulate a deep, biblically-centered philosophy of Christian education.
- Possess effective presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a passionate devotion to serving a great diversity of students and parents.
- Be self-motivated, creative, and display an eagerness to help others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to mentor students.
- Exhibit an ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Education or a closely related field.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or comparable discipline preferred
- Previous experience teaching AP Calculus preferred
- Previous experience teaching upper school math such as Geometry, Algebra, Pre-Calculus preferred.
- Be able to demonstrate and prove upper school level mathematical principles.
- Pursue continuous professional growth and development.
- Contribute to the life of the school outside of the classroom environment.
- Commit to the mission and values of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Upper School Teacher will be expected to:
- Teach, supervise, direct, and evaluate students in grade(s) and subject(s) as defined by the administration in a manner consistent with a Christian education and the philosophies of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
- Provide biblically integrated instruction consistent with the school’s “Statement of Faith” and “Declaration of Values.”
- Model and promote exceptional academic instruction and learning.
- Facilitate and maintain a safe classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Stimulate higher-level reasoning and critical thinking among students in the classroom.
- Maintain communication with students and parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Be available for help outside of the classroom.
- Pursue opportunities for continuing teacher education and collaboration with professional colleagues.
- Responsibly comply with and promote the unity and order of the school.
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.