Upper School Math Teacher
Website Fort Bend Christian Academy
Inspiring students to excellence for the glory of God.
Fort Bend Christian Academy is accepting applications for an Upper School Math Teacher who has teaching experience, extensive knowledge in the subject area, and a passion to teach and disciple young adults in secondary education.
The Upper School Math Teacher will:
- Be a mature Christian who supports the school’s “Statement of Faith” and whose lifestyle is consistent with the school’s “Declaration of Values” and “Characteristics of Professional Excellence.”
- Participate regularly in worship at a Christian church.
- Be able to articulate a deep, biblically-centered philosophy of Christian education.
- Possess effective presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a passionate devotion to serving a great diversity of students and parents.
- Be self-motivated, creative, and display an eagerness to help others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to mentor students.
- Exhibit an ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Education or a closely related field.
-Masters Degree in Mathematics or comparable discipline preferred
-Previous experience teaching AP Calculus preferred
-Previous experience teaching upper school math such as Geometry, Algebra, Pre-Calculus preferred.
- Be able to demonstrate and prove upper school level mathematical principles.
- Pursue continuous professional growth and development.
- Contribute to the life of the school outside of the classroom environment.
- Commit to the mission and values of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Upper School Teacher will be expected to:
- Teach, supervise, direct, and evaluate students in grade(s) and subject(s) as defined by the administration in a manner consistent with a Christian education and the philosophies of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
- Provide biblically integrated instruction consistent with the school’s “Statement of Faith” and “Declaration of Values.”
- Model and promote exceptional academic instruction and learning.
- Facilitate and maintain a safe classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Stimulate higher-level reasoning and critical thinking among students in the classroom.
- Maintain communication with students and parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Be available for help outside of the classroom.
- Pursue opportunities for continuing teacher education and collaboration with professional colleagues.
- Responsibly comply with and promote the unity and order of the school.
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.