Praise and Worship Director
Website Fort Bend Christian Academy
Inspiring students to excellence for the glory of God.
Fort Bend Christian Academy seeks an inspiring music educator for the position of Praise and Worship Director to teach students in grades 5 through 12 for the 2021/2022 school year. The Praise and Worship Director will report to the Upper School Head and the Director of Fine Arts. Preferred candidates will have, at a minimum, a BA in Music or Music Education and record of successful experience in K-12 music education. This is a full-time position that includes teaching responsibilities for MS Praise and Worship Team, US Praise and Worship Team and Class, MS/US Music/Choir Class, and MS/US Chapels. The preferred candidate will be a passionate and experienced musician with a proficiency to lead worship professionally both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard. This teacher will be a professional who has broad experience in worship teaching, worship training, team management and discipleship, worship evangelism, principles of marketing, technology, and recording tracks. This teacher will also be energetic and creative with a vision for excellence in music arts at the middle school and upper school level to run an effective recruiting program.
As a team player who is creating a dynamic vision for the praise and worship team they will also develop summer camps for both the MS and US Praise and Worship Teams. The instructor should have a joyful spirit, a very strong background in worship leadership that allows students to experience a hands-on, highly participatory learning environment for a professional experience. The instructor would develop a worship leadership program at FBCA that helps students develop the theological, musical, technological, and interpersonal skill-sets required to lead the 21st-century Church in passionate, truthful, artistically excellent worship. Candidates must possess a biblical worldview and be willing to integrate their faith into the classroom. They must have excellent communication skills, be willing to mentor students, and have the ability to incorporate 21st-century skills into the curriculum.
Additionally, a strong work ethic, a desire to achieve success, and a commitment to ongoing professional growth is necessary. Contribution to the life of the school outside the classroom is expected. Occasional after school, evening or weekend hours will be necessary. Minimal travel is required. The candidate must have a high level of integrity and commitment to FBCA’s vision and mission.
Qualified applicants for faculty positions in the Fort Bend Christian Academy Upper School and Middle School will:
- Be a mature Christian who supports the school Statement of Faith and whose lifestyle is consistentwith the school Declaration of Values.
- Participate regularly in worship at a Christian church.
- Be able to articulate a deep, biblically-centered philosophy of Christian education.
- Possess effective presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a passionate devotion to serving a great diversity of students and parents.
- Be self-motivated, creative, and display an eagerness to help others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to mentor students.
- Exhibit an ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the subject area or a closely related field.
- Pursue continuing professional education and growth.
- Contribute to the life of the school outside of the classroom environment.
- Commit to the mission and values of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Teacher will be expected to:
- Teach, supervise, direct, and evaluate students in grade(s) and subject(s) as defined by the administration in a manner consistent with a Christian education and the philosophies of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
- Provide biblically integrated instruction consistent with the school’s “Statement of Faith” and “Declaration of Values”.
- Model and promote exceptional academic instruction and learning.
- Facilitate and maintain a safe classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Stimulate higher-level reasoning and critical thinking among students in the classroom.
- Maintain communication with students and parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Be available for help outside of the classroom.
- Pursue opportunities for continuing teacher education and collaboration with professional colleagues.
- Responsibly comply with and promote the unity and order of the school.
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.