Head of Upper School
Website Fort Bend Christian Academy
Inspiring students to excellence for the glory of God.
Fort Bend Christian Academy is seeking a Head of Upper School for the 2021-2022 school year.
The best candidate will be a dynamic Christian leader who combines excellent relational skills with strategic thinking and professional expertise at the upper school level. Preferably, he or she will have a successful record of accomplishment in independent school education, especially with division-head experience. A candidate with upper school teaching experience is also preferred. The school seeks candidates who nurture the connectedness of a school community, value collaborative practices and demonstrate a commitment to academic growth and excellence. The ideal candidate will exhibit spiritual maturity, critical thinking, and excellent speaking and writing skills.
Head of Upper School Job Description
The Head of the Upper School provides professional leadership as follows:
- Assists and reports to the Head of School and participates as a member of the Academic Leadership Team and the Executive Leadership Team
- Works collaboratively with other administrators, faculty, and staff
- Provides leadership in the areas of administration, instruction, and curriculum
- Monitors and utilizes relevant educational and academic data to inform curricular and instructional decisions
- Remains current with best practices research pertinent to upper school and independent schools
- Supervises and monitors all division faculty and staff
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with faculty, staff, families, and students of the Upper School
- Counsels and motivates faculty, staff, and students in the Upper School
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and monitors division enrollment data
- Seeks to develop, enhance and support a positive school culture based on the school’s mission and core values
- Manages divisional faculty evaluations and directs professional-growth goals
- Coordinates and monitors student disciplinary action
- Provides age-appropriate spiritual formation through weekly chapels and special programs
- Participates regularly in worship in a Christian church
- Performs other duties as requested by the Head of School
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.