Head of Lower School
Website Fort Bend Christian Academy
Inspiring students to excellence for the glory of God.
The best candidate will be a dynamic Christian leader who combines excellent relational skills with strategic thinking and professional expertise at the lower-school level. Preferably, he or she will have a successful record of accomplishment in independent school education, especially with division-head experience. A candidate with lower-school teaching experience is also preferred. The school seeks candidates who nurture the connectedness of a school community, value collaborative practices and demonstrate a commitment to academic growth and excellence. The ideal candidate will exhibit critical thinking and excellent speaking and writing skills.
The Head of the Lower School provides professional leadership as follows:
- Assists and reports to the Head of School and participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Works collaboratively with other administrators, faculty, and staff
- Provides leadership in the areas of administration, instruction, and curriculum
- Monitors and utilizes relevant educational and academic data to inform curricular and instructional decisions
- Remains current with Best Practices research pertinent to Lower School and independent schools
- Supervises and monitors all division faculty and staff
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with faculty, staff, families, and students of the Lower School
- Counsels with and motivates faculty, staff, and students in the Lower School
- Collaborates with Admission Office and monitors division enrollment data
- Seeks to develop, enhance and support a positive school culture based on the school’s mission and philosophy
- Manages divisional faculty evaluations and directs professional-growth goals
- Coordinates and monitors student disciplinary action
- Provides age-appropriate spiritual formation through weekly chapels and special programs
- Participates regularly in worship in a Christian church
- Performs other duties as requested by the Head of School
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.