Website Fort Bend Christian Academy
Inspiring students to excellence for the glory of God.
Title: ARTS–Band Director–Full time
Reports To: Upper School Head & Director of Fine Arts
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Fort Bend Christian Academy seeks an inspiring music educator for the position of Band Director to teach students in grades 5 through 12; nurture students in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through individual practice and group collaboration; cooperate with peer arts faculty of the school in the improvement of the overall arts program; partner with academic instructional faculty across school divisions and subject areas to foster interdisciplinary teaching, concerts, and learning; and, perform all duties in alignment with the mission and core values of the school.
Minimum BA in Music or Music Education; current professional certification in K-12 Music and record of successful experience in K-12 music education. This is a full-time position that includes teaching responsibilities for Symphonic Band: Brass & Woodwinds, Percussion, Drumline, & Marching Band. Ability to work with musicians at all skill levels. Brass & Woodwind, and Percussion performance skills. Candidate must demonstrate evidence of the skills, aptitudes, and abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently.This teacher will also be energetic and creative with a vision for excellence in music arts at the middle school and upper school level to run an effective recruiting program.
The instructor should have a joyful spirit, a very strong background in leadership that allows students to experience a hands-on, highly participatory learning environment for a professional experience. Candidates must possess a biblical worldview and be willing to integrate their faith into the classroom. They must have excellent communication skills, be willing to mentor students, and have the ability to incorporate 21st-century skills into the curriculum. Selecting music and music materials which are appropriate for teaching and performance and which will contribute to the development of the student’s understanding and appreciation of music.
Physical Requirements: ability to stand for long periods of time while instructing; hearing abilities necessary for music instruction; ability to transport students from one area of a building/campus to another.
Additionally, a strong work ethic, a desire to achieve success, and a commitment to ongoing professional growth is necessary. Contribution to the life of the school outside the classroom is expected. Occasional after school, evening or weekend hours will be necessary. Significant travel is required. The candidate must have a high level of integrity and commitment to FBCA’s vision and mission.
Qualified applicants for faculty positions in the Fort Bend Christian Academy Upper & Middle School will:
- Be a mature Christian who supports the school Statement of Faith and whose lifestyle is consistent with the school Declaration of Values.
- Participate regularly in worship at a Christian church.
- Be able to articulate a deep, biblically-centered philosophy of Christian education.
- Possess effective presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a passionate devotion to serving a great diversity of students and parents.
- Be self-motivated, creative, and display an eagerness to help others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to mentor students.
- Exhibit an ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the subject area or a closely related field.
- Pursue continuing professional education and growth.
- Contribute to the life of the school outside of the classroom environment.
- Commit to the mission and values of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Band Director will be expected to:
- Teach, supervise, direct, and evaluate students in grade(s) and subject(s) as defined by the administration in a manner consistent with a Christian education and the philosophies of Fort Bend Christian Academy.
- Provide biblically integrated instruction consistent with the school’s “Statement of Faith” and “Declaration of Values.”
- Model and promote exceptional academic instruction and learning.
- Facilitate and maintain a safe classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Stimulate higher-level reasoning and critical thinking among students in the classroom.
- Maintain communication with students and parents in a timely and professional manner.
- Be available for help outside of the classroom.
- Pursue opportunities for continuing teacher education and collaboration with professional colleagues.
- Responsibly comply with and promote the unity and order of the school.
To apply for this job please visit fortbendchristian.tedk12.com.