Upper School English Teacher
Website First Presbyterian Day School
First Presbyterian Day School (FPD) is a 3K-12th grade Christ centered, college preparatory independent school located in Macon, Georgia which exists to educate and equip children to change the world for God’s glory.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The expectation of the classroom teacher is to provide exemplary instruction through the following objectives.
• Exhibit a positive presence and affirming students and colleagues.
• Prepare lesson and unit plans including appropriate objectives, activities, and assessments to support students’ growth and progress.
• Maintain and review course curriculum maps to assure proper instructional priorities and pacing.
• Effectively manage the classroom and implement school expectations to maintain a positive classroom and school learning environment.
• Effectively deliver instruction that facilitates active learning, utilizing a variety of instructional techniques and experiences, promoting higher order thinking and problem solving, promoting student collaboration, and challenging students to apply their learning in line with the FPD Core Values, Principles of Curriculum and Instruction, and Graduate Profile.
• Maintain academic and attendance records.
• Effectively and proactively communicate with parents with empathy and a spirit of service and support.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the appropriate teaching field and teacher certification (state or ACSI) or the equivalent.
• Growing Christian with a credible profession of faith and involvement in an evangelical church.
• A growth mindset and commitment to lifetime learning.
• Commitment to a lifestyle above reproach in line with FPD’s Statement of Christian Principles and Ministerial Role of Faculty.
• Proficiency using technology in instruction and the ability to learn new technologies.
To apply for this job please visit www.fpdmacon.org.